Iowa March 02, 2016
Here Are 10 Awesome Things To Do In Iowa For $10 or Less
Having fun doesn’t have to break the bank. Even though it seems like everything is way more expensive than it should be nowadays, you might be surprised at how much fun you can have with $10. Looking for ideas? Here are 10 things to do in Iowa for $10 or less:
1. Take a ride on the Fenelon Place Elevator in Dubuque, and enjoy the view from the top.
Enjoy the world's shortest and steepest elevator ride without breaking the bank - roundtrip tickets are only $3 per person!
2. Explore the Union Pacific Railroad Museum in Council Bluffs.
Learn all about the fascinating history of railroads in America, and in Iowa, during a fun trip to the Union Pacific Museum. Bonus: admission is free!
3. Take in the beauty of Mother Nature at the Greater Des Moines Botanical Center.
For $6 to $8 depending on the season, you can enjoy an oasis in downtown Des Moines.
4. Immerse yourself in Norwegian culture and history at the Vesterheim National Norwegian-American Museum in Decorah.
For $10 per person, you can visit the nation's premiere Norwegian-American museum.
5. Skate the night away at Roller City in Mason City.
Prices at Roller City are very affordable - Friday night rollerskating from 7 to 10 p.m. costs $7 per skater, and Saturday morning roller skating from 10 a.m. to noon is $10 per family.
6. Admire the art at Figge Art Museum in Davenport.
For an admission price of $7 per person, you can enjoy a day of art at the Figge Museum.
7. Take a walk through the past at the Guthrie County Historical Village in Panora.
For a dirt cheap $2 per person, you can tour the Guthrie County Historical Village and learn all about life in the area from 1850 to the 20th century.
8. Marvel at the "Eighth Wonder of the World" - the Grotto of the Redemption in West Bend.
This one is free, so you can spend your $10 on a fun memento at the gift shop!
9. Jam out at the Surf Ballroom and Museum in Clear Lake.
For a suggested $5 per person donation, you can visit the Surf Ballroom Museum and learn about all the music legends that once performed at the venue. If you have a little more money to spend, go see a show there, too!
10. Turn your $10 into $10 million.
Take a trip to one of Iowa's fun riverboat casinos and try your hand at gambling. Who knows, you might just turn that $10 into a lot more money?
What are some of your favorite pastimes that cost $10 or less? Share them with us!