Iowa November 07, 2015
10 Things People Always Ask You When They Know You’re From Iowa
Whenever you meet someone from out of state, they tend to ask you a lot of the same questions… some of which are more laughable than others. Here are 10 common things people always ask you when they find out you’re from Iowa:
1. Oh, the potato state, right?
Uh, not quite...guess again!
2. Oh, then you must be the buckeye state!
* Slowly shakes head in disappointment. *
3. So what pro team do you guys even cheer for?
Iowa is definitely a house divided when it comes to pro football... Some cheer for the Vikings, some for the Packers, some for the Bears, and some even cheer for the Chiefs or the Rams.
4. What is puppy chow, and why are you offering it to me?
No, I'm not offering you dog food, I'm offering you the most delicious, chocolaty treat in the world!
5. Why do you call it pop? It's soda...
You, my friend, are saying it wrong. It's pop, it always has been pop, and it will always be pop.
6. What the heck is RAGBRAI?
To put it simply, it's a week-long event where around 20,000 people bike across Iowa, camping, drinking, and partying the whole way.
7. Or cornhole?...
It's that game you play at family get-togethers where you throw the bag in the hole. You know the one!
8. Why is everyone so obsessed with Field of Dreams?
Isn't everyone obsessed with it?...
9. Or the Iowa vs Iowa State game?
Are you kidding me? It's only the biggest event of the entire year?!
10. Do you actually like living in Iowa?
Is this even a real question? Of course I love living in Iowa, and how could you not? It's the best state in every possible way!
What are some more things people always ask you when they know you’re from Iowa? Share your experiences with us!