There's A Lake Hiding In An Indiana State Park Where You Can Camp Year-Round
Nestled in New Castle, Indiana, is an awesome state park filled to the brim with things to do and see. It’s the perfect place to get away from the hustle and bustle of day-to-day life and unwind in the great outdoors – and the best part of all, we think, is that it’s open year-round. No matter when the “anywhere but here” mood strikes, no worries – head to Summit Lake State Park for a quick getaway. It’s not only one of the best places for year-round camping in Indiana – it’s an amazing place to visit, period. Be it summer, spring, autumn, or winter, time doesn’t matter here. This amazing experience will leave you with a new appreciation of Indiana’s wildlands.
Check out this cool, firsthand video of Summit Lake and all the things that make it perfect:
Learn more about Summit Lake State Park and how to plan your camping trip no matter what time of year it is on the official IN.gov website.
Need some more ideas? Check out this list of more places you can camp year-round in Indiana.
More to Explore
- Where are some of the best camping lakes in Indiana?
Indiana is known for being a state very friendly to those who love the great outdoors. There are numerous amazing lakes in Indiana, many of which you’re definitely able to camp at (or near). Some of the best camping lakes in Indiana are lakes like:
- Bass Lake Beach and Campground – What's better than lake camping in Indiana? Lake camping at Bass Lake, where there are delights galore.
- Miami State Recreation Area – You'll find this little slice of paradise in Peru... Indiana, that is.
- Sandy Beach Campground – Who knew there are sandy beaches in Indiana? Now you do.
Learn more about these wonderful camping lakes in Indiana!
- Where are some great places for camping in Indiana?
Of course, camping in Indiana is certainly not limited to just lakeside spots! There are too many to really mention, but there are some notable places to go camping in Indiana worth mentioning, such as:
- Ouabache State Park – If you’re a fan of boating and/or fishing, Ouabache State Park is an amazing place for camping in IN.
- Harmonie State Park – This park is stunning, and you can choose from more modern options, glamping, and primitive campsites.
- O’Bannon Woods State Park – If you’re a fan of the outdoors, this intensely beautiful state park is somewhere you’ll never want to leave once you set up camp.
Learn more about some of these amazing, year-round campgrounds in Indiana.
- What are the best places for primitive camping in Indiana?
Not feeling the whole “electric hookups” thing? Prefer to rough it a little? No worries! You have plenty of options when it comes to primitive camping in Indiana, with options including:
- Pokagon State Park – There are lots of state parks we could mention for this, but Pokagon is especially wonderful.
- Hardin Ridge Recreation Area – No matter what you’re hoping for (including a lake, amazing trails, and primitive campsites galore), you’ll find it at Hardin Ridge.
- Indiana Dunes National Park – Indiana Dunes is amazing, and you can camp here! What better way to enjoy it than in a primitive fashion?
Learn more about all these awesome spots for primitive camping in Indiana, plus more.