This Epic One-Day Road Trip Across Indiana Is Full Of Adventures From Sunrise To Sunset
It’s no secret that Indiana is one of the most beautiful places in the United States. It’s filled top-to-bottom, end-to-end with amazing natural wonders, waterfalls, hikes, lakes, camping spots, swimming holes, and everything in between. Well, we went and put together a delightful little day trip that will take you to two of the most beautiful state parks in Indiana – one for sunrise, and the other for sunset. You can spend as much time as you like in between, but it’ll be a three-hour drive from one to the other, so plan accordingly. Oh, and we threw in one of the most legendary historic restaurants in Indiana along the way, too, so definitely plan for that. Get in the car and gas up – this sunrise-to-sunset day trip in Indiana is doable on just one tank!
So there you have it: an epic day trip in IN where you can watch the sun come up – and go down – on Indiana’s most awe-inspiring places. To get the official route map, be sure to check it out on Google Maps.
More to Explore
Day Trip in Indiana
- Where should I go on a day trip in IN?
There are numerous amazing options when it comes to Indiana day trips – so many that it’s tough to list them all. However, we do have plenty of go-to ideas, and if you’re trying to plan a day trip in Indiana, you might want to consider ideas like:
- Embark upon an amazing adventure to any one (or more) of the amazing ghost towns in Indiana.
- Check out some of our exciting state parks, like Turkey Run State Park, Shades State Park, and more.
- Do one of the most amazing scenic drives in Indiana, like the Ohio River Scenic Byway.
Learn more about some of our all-time favorite day trips in IN.
- Where are the best places to witness IN sunrises?
Who says you can’t witness an incredible sunrise in the Midwest? We sure don’t! There are hundreds – if not more – of amazing places to watch the sunrise in Indiana, and some of our all-time favorite locations for Indiana sunrises are:
- Nyona Lake – a natural lake offering up some of the most amazingly tranquil sunrises and sunsets you’ll ever see
- Indiana Dunes National Park is an amazing place to watch the sun come up, especially on Lake Michigan
- Lake Metigoshe – actually, just about any lake in Indiana is going to be a good pick for a sunrise
Learn more about one of our favorite places to watch the sunrise in Indiana.
- What are some of the most scenic places in IN?
Indiana is an outrageously beautiful place to live or visit. There are so many amazing scenic places that it’s impossible to dedicate any less than several pages to it, but some of the scenic places in Indiana most famous for their beauty are places like:
- Indiana Dunes National Park, where Lake Michigan goes on forever and looks like the ocean – oh, and sand dunes
- Shades State Park – easily one of the most beautiful state parks in Indiana
- Williamsport Falls – an Indiana waterfall that’s sure to take your breath away
- Cataract Falls – another breathtaking IN waterfall that looks like something out of a postcard
Learn more about some of the most scenic places in Indiana!