Most People Don’t Know There’s A Fountain Of Youth Hiding In This Indiana Small Town
Even if you aren’t from Indiana, you’ve likely heard of the small towns of French Lick or West Baden Springs. These adjoining towns are famous for the gorgeous French Lick Resort and West Baden Hotel, which attract guests from all over the globe. But you might not be aware of one of the coolest things to do in French Lick, Indiana: a fountain of youth, so to speak.
Take a look at this overview of the French Lick Resort for more of an idea of what you’re in for.
Have you tried the healing waters at this historic hotel? For another healing experience, check out this salt cave in Indiana.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Which road trips through Indiana should I go on?
One of the best ways to marvel at the state is on wheels, so gas up the car and hit the road for these exciting themed road trips through Indiana:
- The haunted places in Indiana road trip is only for the bravest of souls! You'll be visiting a haunted library, bridge, tunnel, asylum, and more.
- This road trip to the best restaurants in Indiana will take you about three days, but you'll be dining at some of the best eateries in the state so it's well worth the drive time.
- The Indiana waterfalls road trip is a loop that takes about 7 hours to drive. Get ready to see six of the best waterfalls in the state!
What are the best state parks in Indiana for a visit?
Get out into the fresh air at these stunning state parks in Indiana. You can bring a chair and relax or lace up your boots for a good hike:
- Versailles State Park has a massive lake and swimming pool for all paddling enthusiasts, as well as tons of open land to camp and hike on.
- O'Bannon Woods State Park is over 2,000 acres of land dotted with caves, mountains, and rivers. You will love it so much you'll want to rent one of the cabins the park offers!
- White River State Park is chock full of activities like a zoo, multiple museums, a ballpark, and so much more. You could spend multiple days exploring this amazing space.
What are the best small towns in Indiana to check out?
Pack a bag and head on down to one of these delightful small towns in Indiana for the perfect little getaway. You will feel so welcome:
- Aurora is a historic river town that's over 200 years old. It's got a charming Main Street with lots of shopping and dining and so many precious old houses.
- Nashville is the home of a large artist's colony, so you can expect to see a lot of shops packed with local artisan crafts. And don't forget to spend some time in nature, this town has a ton of it to offer!
- Beverly Shores is known as a dark-sky town. So while there may not be much for nightlife, you will be able to stargaze for hours uninterrupted by light pollution.