The Fascinating Town In Indiana That Is Straight Out Of A Fairy Tale
Indiana has some pretty stunning and magical towns to explore. There’s the breathtaking small town of Nashville, the charming Madison, the historical and intriguing New Harmony, and many other hidden gems throughout the state. But there’s one town in particular that looks like it popped straight out of a fairy tale.
Enjoy a relaxing drive right through Middlebury:
Have you ever visited this fairy tale town before? For another unique and stunning town in Indiana, check out this unique small town in Indiana.
More to Explore
Things To Do In Middlebury Indiana
- What are some fun things to do in Middlebury, Indiana?
Despite the fact that it’s a tiny town in Indiana, there are plenty of things to do in Middlebury that you’re sure to love! Some of the best, most popular things to do in Middlebury, Indiana include:
- The Krider Nurseries World's Fair Gardens – This little park is so amazingly beautiful that it’ll take your breath away.
- The Pumpkinvine Nature Trail – If you’re a fan of long, long hikes, this is the trail for you! And hey, even if you prefer shorter hikes, no worries – just do part of it.
- Miller’s Cider Mill – We're pretty sure there might not be anything in this world better than fresh-pressed apple cider, and this mill makes it perfectly.
- Das Dutchman Essenhaus – If you’re a fan of Amish culture and German food, this amazing (and huge) restaurant is a dream come true.
Learn more about the delicious and gigantic Das Dutchman Essenhaus.
- Where is Middlebury Indiana?
Middlebury is a small town located in Middlebury Township, which is in Elkhart County. It’s located about 130 miles east of Chicago and 165 miles north of Indianapolis. It’s home to lots of old-world German influences, including one of the biggest Amish presences in the state! Learn more about one of the best creameries in Indiana located right here in Middlebury.
- What other small towns in Indiana should I add to my bucket list?
Of course, Middlebury isn’t the only small town in Indiana worth visiting. There just happens to be many of those, and we have too many favorites to mention. However, some of those favorite small towns in Indiana are ones like:
- Madison – Established in 1809, this little town was home to Indiana’s first railroad and it’s steeped in fascinating local history.
- Carmel – If you’re a foodie AND you love shopping, head to Carmel for some of the best restaurants (and shops) in the Midwest.
- Aurora – Located just 30 minutes from Cincinnati, this little town is ideal for a day trip (or even a whole weekend trip).
Learn more about all of these small towns in Indiana, plus a couple more for luck.