Michigan City, Indiana Is One Of The Best Towns In America To Visit When The Weather Is Warm
There are usually a lot of places that typically come to mind when someone asks you what you would define as the perfect “warm weather” town. Places like San Diego, Newport Beach, and all of Hawaii definitely pop into one’s head, but did you know that Indiana is actually home to one of the best warm-weather towns in the entire United States? It’s true; as it turns out, you don’t need an ocean to have beaches, and you don’t even necessarily need beaches to enjoy the outdoors (though they are nice — and this town does, in fact, have beaches). Michigan City – and its sister city of LaPorte – is a small, lakeside town in Indiana that comes alive during the warmer months when throngs of visitors arrive to enjoy the beauty of Lake Michigan in a stunning Midwestern beach town. Come see why Michigan City-LaPorte is one of the best warm-weather towns in Indiana; you’ll love every moment of it.
This exciting, high-def drone video of Michigan City’s best sides ought to convince you the rest of the way (if you aren’t already):
What do you think? Are you as in love with Michigan City-LaPorte as we are? There’s something about the small towns in Indiana that we just can’t get enough of, and we think you’ll love them as much as we do. What’s your favorite warm-weather destination in Indiana? Tell us about it in the comments!
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Best Towns In Indiana
- What are some of the best towns in Indiana?
Indiana is home to some of the best towns and cities, hands down! In fact, there are so many amazing, noteworthy small towns in IN that we can’t even try to list them all here. Some of the best towns in Indiana include (but are in no way limited to):
- Nashville – This delightful little place has been called one of America’s best small towns by SEVERAL outlets – not just us!
- Vincennes – This beautiful small town is known for being outrageously rich in local history; it dates all the way back to the 1700s, well before Indiana was officially a state.
- Angola – The perfect small town for nature lovers, Angola is home to Pokagon State Park as well as numerous other amazing natural features.
Learn more about all of these small towns in Indiana and more!
- What are some fun things to do in Michigan City Indiana?
Much like all of the Hoosier State, there are plenty of fun things to do in Michigan City Indiana! This town is actually one of Indiana’s best towns for tourists and natives alike. Some of our favorite things to do in Michigan City are things like:
- Visit the Michigan City Pier – This is probably the first thing anyone does when they visit Michigan City, as well as they should; it’s truly beautiful (and it’s got a real lighthouse!).
- Visit the shops – Michigan City is well-known for its lively shops and eateries, and you won’t find most of them anywhere but here.
- Check out local historical sites – Like many towns in Indiana, Michigan City is full of history.
Learn more about the Michigan City Pier and all the reasons you ought to check it out!
- What is the best warm-weather town in Indiana?
Who says you can’t have a good old-fashioned warm-weather town in Indiana? We sure don’t! Among our all-time favorite small towns in Indiana for fun in the sun are ones such as:
- Beverly Shores – If you’re visiting Michigan City, you might as well also check out Beverly Shores, which is more than just an amazing shopping village; it’s also one of Indiana’s amazing recognized dark sky cities, so stargazing here is ideal.
- Culver – This small town is located right alongside Lake Maxinkuckee, which is the second-largest natural lake in the state.
- Clarksville – This gorgeous little place is right on the Ohio River; we suggest visiting Falls Of The Ohio State Park.
Learn more about some of the all-time best waterfront towns in Indiana, which are perfect for warm weather.