11 Awkward Moments Every Hoosier Has Endured At Least Once
Being a Hoosier is pretty awesome, but like anything, it comes with its fair share of ups and downs. In fact, being from Indiana can lead to its fair share of awkward moments. These 11 moments can easily happen to every Hoosier both in and out of state.
1. Asking for pop instead of soda when traveling.
This one is so frustrating because you likely know what we're asking for. And yeah, some of us even refer to soda in general as coke. So what?
2. Ordering a tenderloin only to be disappointed.
It's not that there's anything wrong with this, but it's definitely not what we were expecting. I mean, have you even seen an Indiana tenderloin?!
3. Explaining to out-of-towners that you don't live on a farm.
Not all of us were raised on farms. In fact, most of us weren't. But that doesn't mean that we aren't proud of our rural landscape.
4. Finding out a new friend roots for the "other" team.
Many friendships have ended over the Purdue vs. Indiana University debate. It might seem silly, but it's pretty serious around here.
5. Trying to explain why euchre is the best card game.
Can you believe some people from out of state don't even know what euchre is? Things can get pretty awkward if we run into someone unfamiliar with this traditional Hoosier pastime.
6. Trying to figure out the metro system in major cities.
Sure, we have cities in Indiana, but our public transportation is limited to buses. Metro stations and subway maps can be a little intimidating.
7. Explaining that there's a town in Indiana named Nashville.
No, it's not that Nashville. But it is super cute and well worth a visit.
8. Explaining the unofficial North Pole is in a small town in Indiana.
Yes, it's called Santa Claus. No, that's not weird. It's also where all of your kids' letters to Santa end up, which is pretty cool if you ask us.
9. Insisting square donuts are better than round ones.
Who said donuts were meant to be round? Square donuts are delicious and give you more donut to love with each order!
10. Always having a jacket or umbrella, just in case.
It's not that we don't trust the weather report - we just know how quickly weather can change. In our state it can go from piping hot to breezy in a few hours, with no warning.
11. Always being asked what a "Hoosier" is.
Some things don't have simple answers. If you're from Indiana, you know what it means to be a Hoosier and you know it's impossible to describe.
What awkward moments have you experienced as a Hoosier? For fun in Indiana, check out these
incredible day trips.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.