Illinois Festivals January 22, 2017
by Amanda Glandon 11 Winter Festivals In Illinois That Are Simply Unforgettable
There’s so much going on in Illinois during wintertime, so resist the urge to stay under your blankets and get out there. This list will help you make the most of the season with some of the most exciting festivals around.
1. Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition (Rockford)
Jan 25th - 28th, 2017
Watch the experts work at this event that determines the sculptors that will represent our state in the national competition!
1401 N. 2nd Street, Rockford
2. Husky Heroes at Morton Arboretum (Lisle)
Jan 28th & 29th, 2017
Siberian sled dogs come out to play at this event. Watch them race, pulling people on sleds and skis, and you just might want to bring one home with you.
4100 Illinois Route 53, Lisle
3. Bald Eagle Festival at Pere Marquette Lodge (Grafton)
Jan 29th, 2017
Celebrate our nation's most beloved bird at this event.
13653 Lodge Boulevard, Grafton
4. Champaign County Area Restaurant Week (Champaign County)
Jan 29th - Feb 5th, 2017
Explore what scrumptious food the area has to offer during this special week.
5. Chinatown Lunar New Year Celebration (Chicago)
Feb 5th, 2017
Celebrate the Chinese New Year during this parade complete with lion and dragon dance teams and colorful floats.
Cermak and Wentworth, Chicago
6. Orchid Show at Chicago Botanic Garden (Glencoe)
Feb 7th - Mar 11th, 2017
Take a break from the bitter cold in the greenhouses amidst the gorgeous flowers.
1000 Lake Cook Road, Glencoe
7. Central Illinois Jazz Festival (Decatur)
Feb 10th - 12th, 2017
Hear groovy tunes played by more than ten different bands all in one location.
4191 US 36 West, Decatur
8. Winter Carnival at Eagle Ridge (Galena)
Feb 17th - 19th, 2017
This resort puts on an incredible weekend full of winter fun ranging from snow painting to bonfires and more.
444 Eagle Ridge Drive, Galena
9. Homewood Chocolate Fest (Homewood)
Feb 18th, 2017
A festival dedicated to chocolate? Sign us up!
2010 Chestnut Road, Homewood
10. Maple Syrup Festival at Touch of Nature Environmental Center (Makanda)
Feb 25th & 26th, 2017
Learn how to identify trees, watch demonstrations, and taste some delicious syrup at this festival.
1206 Touch of Nature Road, Makanda
11. Quad Cities Restaurant Week (Rock Island & Moline)
Feb 27th - Mar 5th, 2017
Restaurants in Illinois and Iowa participate in this area-wide celebration of fine local restaurants.
Where are you headed this season? We’d love to hear about it! Let us know in the comments.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.