Illinois November 04, 2016
15 Sure-Fire Ways To Make A Illinoisian Mad
Most folks in Illinois try to exemplify that calm Midwestern charm that we’re so famous for, but these 15 things really make our blood boil.
1. Call our iconic tower by the wrong name.
Yes, we're aware that it has a new name - we can read the sign. But please...it will always be the Sears Tower in our book.
2. Ruin your Chicago Dog with ketchup.
It's a travesty. That's all we have to say.
3. Tell us how much worse winter is in your state.
Live through an Illinois winter before you start bragging.
4. Sit at the toll booth and dig through your purse.
Have your change handy, or do us all a favor and get an I-PASS already.
5. Try to feed us New York thin crust pizza.
We've perfected the pizza pie...why would we eat anything else?
6. Diss the Cubs.
Until this week, the Cubs hadn't won the World Series since 1908. We're sick of hearing about it, and now we can finally hold our heads up proudly and justify our obsession with the best baseball team ever.
7. Insist that Illinois is boring and flat.
Well, much of the state IS flat...but not all of it! Garden of the Gods has a little more elevation, so wipe that smug look off your face.
8. Drive too slow on our expressways.
Get out of the way, already! Here in Illinois, the speed limit is just a suggestion - 20 mph over the limit seems about right to us. Of course, Illinois State Police beg to differ.
9. Insist that we take you to Navy Pier AGAIN.
Navy Pier is a cool place to take our friends and family when they visit. But really...once is enough.
10. Tell us that anywhere else is more beautiful than Illinois.
Because we know better, and we wouldn't live anywhere else.
How many of these things make you mad? Tell us what we left off the list!
It really does take a lot to make us angry. In fact, people from Illinois are the
best kind of people you’ll ever meet.