These Epic Rocks In Illinois Will Drop Your Jaw
Located in the Shawnee National Forest, the Garden of the Gods has some of the most beautiful and amazingly large rock structures in all of Illinois. We don’t have mountains, but these rocks come pretty close. Here are some incredible shots of Garden of the Gods.
1. Garden of the Gods is located near the very bottom of the state.
2. Gorgeous anytime of year, it is amazing during fall and sunsets (and both if you are lucky).
3. The rocks here were formed over 300 million years ago.
4. Some of the bluffs drop more than 100 feet down.
5. Garden of the Gods occupies over 3,000 acres.
6. There are 5.5 miles of trails for you to explore these amazing bluffs.
7. This pic gives you a sense of just how large these rocks are.
8. These massive pillars formed from sandstone.
9. The swirls of colors in the rocks make this place almost like an outdoor art gallery.
10. You'll want to spend a few days down here, at least.
Do you love Garden of the Gods? Or are you more blown away by other rocks?
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.