These 11 Farms In Illinois Will Bring Out The Country In You
I think of Illinois as made up of two states: Chicagoland and the rest of the state. If you drive just a little outside the suburbs, you can see that Illinois is mostly country–not urban. Here are 11 of my favorite farm shots:
1. This wind farm in Bloomington is breathtaking at sunset
2. Love the juxtaposition of old and new farms in Mendota
3. Garfield Farm (near Geneva) served as a stop for travelers crossing the Illinois prairie in the 1800s
4. This old red barn is in Bureau County is a beauty
5. Soybeans...a common scene in Illinois (Seymour)
6. Farm in fall--near Congerville
7. Sunflower field on a farm in Illinois
8. This road winds up to a farm in Springfield
9. This farmer harvests in Champaign County
10. A storm quickly approaches this farm in McLean County
11. And here's how farming used to be done back in the day
Got any great shots of Illinois farms? Be sure to share.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.