Illinois June 28, 2017
10 Images of Illinois Countryside That Will Make You Long For The Simple Life
Imagine a quiet, peaceful day in the country. The smell of dirt and pine in the air and the sound of cows mooing in the distance take you far away from the hustle and bustle of cities and large towns. Keep these extra senses in mind as you look through images that will make you long for life out in the country.
From fields as far as the eye can see to quaint farmhouses, don’t miss 10 amazing images of Illinois that capture the essence of the simple life. Keep scrolling to begin the journey.
1. The 375-acre Garfield Farm in Campton Hills was once a tranquil rest stop for travelers, but now it is a museum with over 150 years of history. You could wake up to a gorgeous view like this if you lived out in the country.
2. Spanning about 2,500 acres, Goose Lake Prairie State Park in Grundy County is a nature preserve mostly made up of prairie fields. Nothing takes you back to a simpler time like this old windmill.
3. In Central Illinois, you'll find various small farms and rolling fields sprinkled throughout the region. Imagine lying in the grass in this secluded spot and staring at these stunning clouds all day long.
4. One of 31 similar barns throughout the northern part of the state, the James Bruce Round Barn in Stephenson County is so great it's listed on the National Register of Historic Places. This image will make you wish you'd grown up on a farm yourself.
5. This perfect blue sky just before sunset on a farm at Charles Mound in Jo Davies County is so pristine, it's unreal. There's something amazing and awe-inspiring about seeing as far as the eye can see.
6. Life doesn't get more peaceful than fluffy clouds passing over gorgeous green pastures. This shot along the Jane Addams Trail reminds you just how expansive our state is and how quiet and secluded life here can be.
7. A drive down Farm Road in Champaign will take you by numerous fields and farmhouses. This incredible shot lets you see for miles down the gravel trail where residences can be miles apart. Now, that's peace and quiet.
8. There's more to see along the Jane Addams Trail in Orangeville. Picture a leisurely stroll along this 12.5-mile path that takes you past farms and fields of all kinds.
9. This vintage barn in the community of Roxbury near Paw Paw looks like many you see throughout the countryside. The wind farm beyond adds a modern touch that is hard not to want to stare at all day.
10. Our beautiful state is full of meadows and grasslands sprinkled with houses, trees, farms, and fields. This outstanding shot of rolling hills in northwest Illinois near Galena will make you want to take a trip to the country and never return.
Still looking for more of that country feel? Check out this
Illinois restaurant that is in a barn.
What reminds you of the simple life? Share your thoughts and photos with us below.