Chicago November 10, 2017
14 Downright Funny Memes You’ll Only Get If You’re From Chicago
If there’s anyone who can make fun of themselves, it’s Chicagoans, and these memes prove it. We love our city, but even we have to admit there are some flaws that we just put up with. If you’re from the city, these picture jokes will hit close to home.
It’s healthy to laugh at yourself. Scroll through these 14 funny memes about Chicago for a much needed chuckle.
1. Depending on where you live, it may take just as long to take the train to get to work.
Of course, if the train doesn't stop in your neighborhood, this may be your only option.
2. It enforces the rules, but it doesn't follow the rules. It must be nice to have the power.
3. Some people just have to have those legs showing. What are they trying to prove anyway?
4. It seems like it rains every year at Lollapalooza, and in Chicago, when it rains it pours.
5. Snow, rain, sleet, and blue skies have been known to occur all in the same week here.
This is especially true in spring and fall.
6. They always seem to start the season with a win or two, but it isn't long before the Bears are way out of the running for winning the season.
7. Sure, Chicago has some not-so-wonderful things about it, but it certainly doesn't take away from our incredible architecture, famous eats, and unique art.
8. It will always be the Sears Tower to us.
It can change owners and slap a new name on the side, but Chicago's most iconic skyscraper will never change in our hearts.
9. As nice as it would be to live in downtown, it's ridiculously expensive and not worth the cost.
Most live in more modest dwellings... which can still cost an entire paycheck.
10. The pretty penny you pay in some states for a grand home will get you the bare minimum here. You want to live in a mansion on the lake? That'll be three million dollars.
11. Again, Chicago is expensive, and unfortunately, it's not just because of rent.
Buying a house here comes with the nightmare of sky-high property taxes.
12. It's sad but true.
Fireworks are technically illegal in Illinois, but due to our good friends in Indiana, we still manage to get a hold of them. Still, gun violence is a real threat, so you just never know.
13. Whether you grew up in a home like this or moved to one after college, you've likely drank, smoked, or even made out on one of these landings.
Ahhh, the good ol' days...
14. Sorry, White Sox. No one knows the name of your stadium since it doesn't roll off the tongue as nice as Wrigley.
For more fun posts about the Windy City, check out the
10 richest people in Chicago and how they did it.
What other jokes about Chicago do you love? Share your favorites in the comments below!