Chicago August 10, 2017
13 Reasons Living In Chicago Is The Best And Everyone Should Move Here
If you’re lucky enough to have the opportunity to choose where you want to live, look no further than the good ol’ “Windy City.” As the second largest city in the United States, Chicago is home to so much more than skyscrapers and pizzerias.
Move to Chicago and you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how diverse, yet familiar it all is. Check out why you should join the most resilient city in the world.
1. The views along Lake Michigan are enough to make you never want to leave. Chicago has its own beautiful coast just like any oceanside city.
2. Chicago has one of the most beautiful skylines in the world! It is expertly designed and each new building is carefully considered.
3. The city is known for its architecture and even offers tours to point out Chicago's best features.
4. It's even beautiful here in winter - though we admit the snow and extremely low temperatures can be rough.
5. No matter where you want to go in the city, there's a bus or train that will take you there - and often on time.
6. We are home to one of the best shopping districts in the nation - the Magnificent Mile - which spans the north side of Michigan Avenue and has just about every store you could dream of.
7. Museums like the Art Institute, the Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium, the Planetarium, and the Science and Industry Museum make it worth living here. Some days are even free for Illinois residents!
8. You'll come for the attractions, but stay for the food! Deep dish pizza, Italian beef, hot dogs, popcorn, and more await in this delicious city.
9. Become a true fan of the best sports teams in the nation. You'll have to choose between the Cubs and the Sox, but otherwise, we're all rooting for the Blackhawks and (when they are winning) the Bears.
10. The best thing about Chicago is that there's always something going on. Each year, there are numerous festivals, parades, protests, and other prominent events.
11. Entertainment lovers rejoice! Chicago is home to the Blue Man Group, Second City, House of Blues, and many theatres that regularly put on incredible Broadway shows.
12. Living in this city means you are in the middle of the country, making it easier to fly just about anywhere. O'Hare and Midway will become your new best travel friends.
13. A major draw for new Chicago residents are the excellent universities in and around the city. There's Northwestern University in Evanston, as well as Loyola, the University of Chicago, Roosevelt University, and more closer to downtown.
Chicagoans are Illinoisans too! Do you do these
12 things every true Illinois resident does in the summer?
Why do you love living in Chicago? Share your thoughts and photos with us!