You’ll Want To Spend All Day At Bork's Falls, A Waterfall-Fed Pool In Illinois
What will you be doing to cool off this summer? Will you head to a lakeside beach in Illinois or maybe one of the many waterparks around the state? If the thought of a swimming hole hasn’t crossed your mind, maybe it should. There are several popular swimming holes around the state, like the one at Bell Smith Springs, but there’s a lesser-known waterfall feeding into a stunning turquoise pool that everyone should add to their summertime bucket list. This summer, let’s make a splash at Bork Falls in Illinois and relive some of our fondest memories.
Wanna see more of this pretty swimming hole in Illinois? If so, watch this short YouTube video by Wild Embers with some cool scenes of the trail and waterfall.
Will you add Bork’s Falls to your summertime bucket list? What other swimming holes in Illinois do you like to visit during the summer? Let us know in the comments.
For more information about Bork’s Falls as well as for offline maps and more, visit the AllTrails+ website. Also, if you’re searching for unique activities this year, read our previous article with some great at-home staycation ideas that the family will love.
More to Explore
BORK FALLS IN ILLINOIS & RELATED INFO
Aside from Bork Falls, what are some more swimming holes in Illinois?
There’s no doubt that Bork Falls is one of the best swimming holes in Illinois. But we have so many other oases that are worth visiting. Here are some more of the best swimming holes in Illinois that we recommend:
- Bell Smith Springs, Ozark
- Kinkaid Lake Spillway, Gorham
- Independence Grove, Libertyville
- Lake Le-Aqua-Na, Lena
- Diamond Lake, Mundelein
- Pounds Hollow Lake, Junction
- Bell Smith Springs, Eddyville
Discover more by reading our previous article about these swimming holes in Illinois.
What are the best waterfall hiking trails in Illinois?
If you’re searching for the best waterfall hiking trails in Illinois, then we’ve got you covered. Check out these incredible hikes that will blow you away:
- Jackson Falls, Ozark
- Ferne Clyffe Waterfall Trail, Goreville
- Dells Canyon and Bluff Trail, Oglesby
- John M Olin Nature Preserve, Godfrey
- Sandstone Point Overlook Trail, Oglesby
- Cave Falls, Utica
- Lover's Leap Overlook Trail, Oglesby
- Red Cedar Trail, Makanda
- Waterfall Glen Trail, Lemont
What are the best beaches in Illinois for summertime fun?
The best way to cool off during the warmer months is to splash around at one of our beaches. So, here are some of the best beaches in Illinois for your next summer adventure:
- Illinois Beach State Park, Zion
- Sunrise Park, Lake Bluff
- Lighthouse Beach, Evanston
- Oak Street Beach, Chicago
- Northwestern Beach, Evanston
- Leone Beach, Chicago
- Keyesport Beach, Keyesport
- Pearl Lake Beach, South Beloit
- South Sandusky Beach, Rend Lake
- Rosewood Beach, Highland Park
Read more about these gorgeous beaches in Illinois from our previous article.