Illinois April 21, 2018
15 Times The Sky Looked Wicked Awesome In Illinois
Cloudscapes, sunsets, and starry nights are some of the most inspiring natural attractions in the world, and none are better than those found in Illinois. These 15 photos of beautiful skies over the Land of Lincoln will absolutely blow you away.
It’s hard to believe some of these shots were actually taken in Illinois. Scroll on to see what we mean.
1. Blue and pink clouds so beautiful the water wants to look the same.
This fabulous sunset photo was taken near the Illinois River in Ottawa in the late winter.
2. A full blood red moon rising in a perfectly clear sky in the country.
Shot near Mt. Pulaski, this image captures Illinois farm country in the dead of winter.
3. Clouds like rows of corn speckle this bright blue sunny sky.
This early morning photograph was shot in Glenview in the summer.
4. Clouds reflecting the bright red sun and reaching across the sky like fingers.
This late evening sunset appeared over Union County in Southern Illinois in the spring.
5. Rays of light and sheets of clouds seeming to burst from the sun.
As far as beautiful skies go, this one takes the cake. This image was captured in the spring in the town of Modoc along the Mississippi River looking across to Missouri.
6. Stars peeking out through the clouds during an orange twilight.
This lovely image was taken in the town of Herod in the summer at Garden of the Gods State Park in the Shawnee National Forest.
7. A cow grazes against a sky so perfect it looks painted.
This photo was taken out in the middle of nowhere in Knox where the sky goes on forever.
8. Clouds look like smoke in this fiery sunset.
This unique red sunset image was taken in the spring in Southern Illinois.
9. Heavenly sun bursting through the clouds over the prairie.
This image was shot near the Des Plaines River in Channahon.
10. Stars shining and shooting around the open country night sky.
Beautiful skies with stars are hard to capture, yet the one over this abandoned farm in Lincoln looks fantastic.
11. Fluffy clouds reflecting the orange of a perfect sunset.
Featuring the Illinois River near Starved Rock State Park, this shot was taken at Point Shelter in late winter.
12. An incredible streak of clouds and sun reflect seamlessly off the water.
This sunset was shot at Burr Oak Woods in Orland Park in early summer.
13. Blue and white marbled sky so perfect it looks photo-shopped.
This gorgeous sky was captured near Willow Springs on the outskirts of Chicagoland.
14. Stunning cloudscape of bright orange corn rows billowing past a sunset.
This winter sky was shot in beautiful Batavia.
15. Pastel clouds speckle the country sky.
This photo was taken in the town of Oneida in the winter.
For more photos of beautiful skies,
click here to join our Nature Lover’s Facebook group and be part of a community of photographers who share their adventures daily.
You can also find more amazing photos of Illinois by following our Instagram
Don’t be shy! Your photos have a chance to be featured. Share your gorgeous sky shots with us through any of the above avenues and in the comments below.