The Tiny Amish Town In Illinois That's The Perfect Day Trip Destination
Have you ever wanted to see and explore Illinois’ Amish country? The perfect day trip destination, Arthur is located in “The Heart of Illinois Amish Country” where life is simpler and seeing a horse and buggy travel along the street is the norm. Take a step back in time and spend the day exploring the things to do in Arthur, Illinois.
Discover more about this lovely little town:
As you can see, Arthur has a lot to offer and is the perfect day trip destination. Have you been to Illinois’ Amish country? If so, what did you think? Let us know in the comments! After visiting Arthur, be sure to check out some of the other charming small towns in Illinois.
More to Explore
The Best Towns in Illinois
What are the most beautiful small towns in Illinois?
The most beautiful small towns in Illinois include:
- Sycamore. There is a historic district here with 200 homes that are on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Lebanon. Locals love this place for its historic downtown and the 58-acre Homer Park which adds to the town's beauty.
- Mount Carroll. This is a wonderfully walkable town that is often referred to as the New England of the Midwest.
- Fulton. This town is replete with Dutch style and history including an actual Dutch windmill and an event called Dutch Days.
Discover more about the most peaceful small towns in Illinois.
What are the most charming small towns in Illinois?
The most charming small towns in Illinois include:
- Pontiac. The movie “Grandview, USA” featured this lovely town which has several museums and is a famous stop along Route 66.
- Red Bud. This is a sweet little town with only 3,700 people and it gets its name from its own redbud tree.
- Elsah. This town is a hotspot for photographers due to its historic buildings and large population of bald eagles.
- Greenville. This town was settled in 1815 and is home to a 775-acre lake that attracts boaters, fishers, and water skiers.
Learn more about the most charming small towns in Illinois.
What are the most peaceful small towns in Illinois?
The most peaceful small towns in Illinois include:
- Ottawa. This great little town has amazing hiking trails and a state park with a pair of bison as well as several lovely city parks.
- St. Charles. This riverside town is a mellow place with a lot of beauty and charm, and mom and pop shops.
- Woodstock. This quiet, family-friendly town has a wonderful historic downtown and offers a walking tour.
- Marion. This town is home to the Marion Carnegie Library and the Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge.
Find out more about the most peaceful small towns in Illinois.