Illinois January 05, 2017
12 Places In Illinois That Will Bring Out Your Inner Child
As adults, we have a lot of responsibilities. But sometimes, it’s good to skip out on what you should be doing and have some fun instead. Luckily, there are many places around Illinois where you can feel like a kid again.
1. Eat like a king at Medieval Times (Schaumburg).
Visit this immersive dinner experience and watch the battle between the knights unfold.
2001 N. Roselle Road, Schaumburg
2. Conquer the zip lines at the Shawnee Bluffs Canopy Tour (Makanda).
Hold on tight as you fly above the Shawnee National Forest on a zip line!
635 Robinson Hill Road, Makanda
3. Pick your team and bring home a win at Pinstripes (South Barrington).
Bowling or bocce? Take your pick and start rolling!
100 W. Higgins Road, South Barrington
4. Show off your skills at East Alton Ice Arena (East Alton).
Take some lessons if you're just a beginner, or join the intramural hockey league to step up your game.
631 Lewis and Clark Blvd, East Alton
5. Skate around to the music at Orbit Skate Center (Palatine).
Strap on your skates and join in on the fun during Adult Skate at 10pm on Sundays.
615 S. Consumers Avenue, Palatine
6. Putt your way to victory at Effingham Mini Golf (Effingham).
Journey through the jungle-themed course and impress your friends with your skills.
1202 N. Maple Street, Effingham
7. Glide down the hill at Villa Olivia (Bartlett).
Hop on a snow tube and scream with delight all the way down!
1401 W. Lake Street, Bartlett
8. Race to the finish line at Gateway Fun Park (Collinsville).
You'll have hours of fun in the go-karts. And if you want something a little different, jump in a bumper boat!
8 Gateway Drive, Collinsville
9. Get your head in the game at Spin Chicago. (Chicago)
Find your way through the sea of ping pong tables and let the games begin.
344 N. State Street, Chicago
10. Flip through the archives at Graham Crackers (Normal).
You could spend all day searching through this comic book store's vast selection.
115 W. North Street, Normal
11. Bring out your competitive side at Whirlyball (Vernon Hills).
Part bumper cars, part lacrosse, there's everything to love about this crazy game.
285 Center Drive, Vernon Hills
12. Play games galore at Headquarters Beercade (Chicago).
Enjoying vintage arcade games with a drink in hand? We'll take it!
213 W. Institute Place, Chicago
Which activities sound the most fun to you? Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments.