Idaho March 04, 2017
12 Things Idahoans Do That Seem Insane To Everyone Else
Happy Birthday, Idaho! Today you turn 154… in territorial years, that is. No, it’s not your official statehood birthday, but nevertheless, today we are going to celebrate all the things that make our big-little Panhandled state such a national treasure. Or, a social outcast –
which is fine by us!
1. We play football on a blue field.
Boise State Football/Facebook
Boise State is home to the only blue field in the state, so technically not
everyone in Idaho plays on bright blue astro turf... but still. We continue to rock the NCAA world with our colorful decisions.
2. New York drops a ball on New Year's Eve. We drop a giant potato.
And... it glows!
3. We dip our pizza in ranch dressing.
Yes, a pizza
is a salad.
4. As long as it runs, we'll drive it until it doesn't anymore.
Beauty is only rust deep.
5. Lift kits are always a worthwhile investment...
They're more practical than you realize.
7. We believe in good old fashioned conversation.
Catching up face to face is always our favorite way to do things.
8. We'll choose a dirt road over pavement any day.
The more back-country, the better.
9. We take pride in long, hard days at work.
You can't beat the company, after all!
10. Every moment is a photo opportunity.
We just really, really love our state and everything in it.
11. We think unplugging is the best way to spend a Friday night.
CC0/Văn Ngọc Tăng
Social media can wait until Monday.
12. And most of all...Idahoans give.
In this day and age, common courtesy and generosity is rare, but Idaho continues to rank as one of the top 10 most generous states, even taking into consideration our collective average income. Why do we do it? Well... why not?
We love our state and its quirks just the way it is! What else do people think Idahoans are crazy for doing?