Idaho October 18, 2017
Here Are 10 Signs You Have Spent Way Too Much Time In Idaho
Too much time in Idaho? Not possible. Some of us have lived here our entire lives and can’t imagine any other way of living. However, there are definitely ways you can tell Idaho living has had a huge impact on your life. Let’s face it, Idahoans are truly a unique sort of people and we pride ourselves in that fact. If any of these signs apply to you, it just means you’re probably a true Idahoan through and through!
1. You're used to the sight of majestic blue and purple mountains in the distance.
Visitors often revel in the epic majesty of these scenic backdrops, but Idahoans are used to seeing them. That doesn't mean we love it any less, though!
2. Large crowds of people freak you out.
We aren't used to bumping shoulders with other people here in Idaho. Each person has their own space and that's how we like it.
3. You feel an instant surge of disgust when someone mentions that they just moved here.
It's like you can't even help this negative reaction! Don't even get us started on if this person is from California...
4. You acknowledge that winter can show itself at literally any minute.
It doesn't matter what time of year it is or even if it was bright and sunny yesterday. True Idahoans are prepared for the cold to hit at any moment and most of us have jackets and gloves on hand for when it does.
5. You haven't planned an out-of-state vacation in who knows how long.
You don't see any reason to leave Idaho for vacation when there are plenty of vacation-worthy spots right here in state waiting to be explored.
6. Construction has just become a way of life.
Construction is constant here in Idaho. We've learned to accept that the sight of cranes and tractors are here to stay for the foreseeable future.
7. You've seen more than your fair share of rattlesnakes and it doesn't really faze you anymore.
The majority of Idahoans love their outdoor adventures, so it can't be helped to stumble upon one of these creatures at some point in time. We know enough about them that we aren't scared of them, though.
8. You pretty much give up getting something to eat if it's past a certain hour.
Are you hungry but it's past 10 pm? You're better off waiting to get something in the morning. Our late night food options are pretty limited here in Idaho. And if it's Sunday evening when everything closes even earlier....well, just forget about it.
9. You catch yourself giving people this look when they call Idaho "Iowa" or "Ohio."
Idaho is definitely not similar to Iowa or Ohio...and honestly they don't even sound that similar.
10. You're often told that you're just too dang nice.
Yes, Idahoans are nice people. It's just a fact. However, our niceness can sometimes be hindering. Like, what happens when two Idaho drivers stop at a stop sign at the exact same time? It turns into an awkward waiting game for the other person to make the first move. But you can't blame us, we were just born this way.
How many of things can you relate to? What else would you add to this list? Check out the
10 Unwritten Rules Every Idahoan Lives By ‘Til Death for more “Just Idaho” things.