Legend Has It These Hot Springs In Idaho Have Healing Powers
It’s no secret that hot springs are great for soothing your soul, but there are natural hot springs in Idaho that are quickly becoming world famous for their healing powers, both physical and mental. Lava Hot Springs is a tiny community in southeastern Idaho named after the aforementioned springs. These springs are locally renowned for their healing abilities and the small resort town attracts visitors throughout the year who come from all over to take a dip in these magic waters.
Have you been to Lava Hot Springs? What was your experience like? Let us and your fellow travelers know in the comments. You can also learn more about Lava Hot Springs, including hours and rates, on the Lava Hot Springs website. Check out the Lava Hot Springs Facebook page for additional news and updates as well.
While Lava Hot Springs is a delightful day trip destination, make it an overnight getaway! Check out this unique campground with 1960s retro campers you can reserve. You may also want to check out a local vacation rental as well.
More to Explore
Lava Hot Springs In Idaho
What are some things I should know about Lava Hot Springs?
If you are searching for fabulous hot springs in Idaho to visit, Lava Hot Springs is an excellent choice. These hot springs are perfect for soaking away life’s worries and can be a delightful day trip or even a weekend adventure. Before you visit Lava, keep the following things in mind:
- You can enjoy three areas: the Indoor Aquatic Center, Olympic Swimming Complex, and Hot Springs Complex. The Olympic Swimming Complex is outdoors and seasonal. The other areas are open year-round.
- At the Hot Springs Complex, there are five separate pools that range in temperature from 102 degrees to 112 degrees Fahrenheit.
- More than 2.5 million gallons of hot water enter the pools each day.
- No chlorine or sulphur is added to the water.
- The hot pools can become quite busy so it is best to plan ahead and avoid weekends and holidays.
- There are many places to stay in the area including several vacation rentals and campgrounds.
Where are some other bucket-list-worthy destinations in Idaho?
Lava Hot Springs is just the beginning of the incredible places to explore in Idaho. From dozens of hot springs in Idaho to state parks to natural wonders, there are some incredible places for an adventure. The following are just a few bucket-list-worthy destinations to check out in Idaho: