7 Drone Videos From Idaho That Will Take You On An Aerial Tour Of The Gem State
We’re sure you’ve experienced plenty of Idaho’s natural beauty from hiking trails, dirt roads, and lakeshores, but have you seen it from above? It turns out there is a plethora of great drone video footage out there of the Gem State, so we compiled a list of some of our favorites for your enjoyment. This “aerial tour” will show you Idaho’s beauty like you’ve never seen before, from high above places like Lake Coeur d’Alene, Mesa Falls, the Snake River Canyon, and so much more. Check out this excellent footage below and see what Idaho looks like from way up high
- Dreaming of summer days at the beach? This magnificent drone footage over North Idaho’s Lake Coeur d’Alene is the next best thing. Captured by YouTube user CDA ID, you’ll witness the sight of sailboats, parasailing, the Coeur d’Alene Resort’s cruise boats, and so much more as you fly high over this spectacular lake.
2. The City of Trees is another glorious sight when seen from above! Explore Boise’s most iconic destinations with this video from Elevated Aerial Productions. The footage shows off the capital city’s greatest spots as it flies over the Idaho State Capitol Building, Boise State University’s blue turf, and the heart of Boise’s downtown area.
3. Next up, check out the natural wonders in Idaho that oft go unnoticed by outsiders but are widely beloved nature-loving Idahoans. The spots in this video from YouTube’s The World Travel Guy include Castle Rocks, the Grand Tetons, Shoshone Falls, and Upper Mesa Falls. To see more, visit his website here.
4. The Twin Falls area is also home to some of the most memorable sights in Idaho, including great destinations like Shoshone Falls, Snake River Canyon, and Perrine Bridge. See what these iconic spots look like from way up high with this inspiring 4k drone video from Doug Johnson.
5. Ever wanted to whitewater raft down the Payette River but just haven’t gotten around to it? This video from Mr. Steele shows off what it’s like to traverse the river’s insane Class V rapids, and also what the river’s rugged beauty looks like from above.
6. For a good, all-inclusive glimpse at what Idaho has to offer, this video Drew Simms does it best. Watch as he highlights epic destinations like Hells Canyon, Bruneau Sand Dunes, mountains, lakes, rivers, farmlands, and so much more. There’s always something to see in Idaho, that’s for sure!
7. Finally, no aerial tour over the Gem State is complete without this classic Idaho landscape. YouTube user J Walters captured this drone footage of an Idaho potato field ripe for the harvesting! We know, there’s a LOT more to Idaho than potatoes…but hey, we also really like potatoes.
Which of these drone videos of Idaho was your favorite? This footage really puts the Gem State’s beauty from a different perspective. For more of Idaho’s stunning landscapes, check out this list of 10 Unimaginably Beautiful Places In Idaho To See Before You Die.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.