Hawaii December 29, 2015
11 Things That Make People From Small Town Hawaii The Best People
Small Hawaiian towns don’t get nearly as much credit as the bigger cities and tourist destinations, though, to be honest, these smaller communities are some of the best places to live. Small towns are full of old-world Hawaiian charm, history, adorable shops, and some of the best people you will ever meet. And here are 11 reasons people from small towns in Hawaii are the absolute greatest.
1) People from small Hawaiian towns live slowly, and take time to relax.
We can kick back away from the bustling city life.
2) People from small towns in Hawaii are extremely welcoming.
Whether they are giving you fishing tips while at a local fishing spot, or inviting you to a barbeque on the beach, people from small town Hawaii are welcoming.
3) They work hard, but they also know how to have fun.
Think early morning surf sessions before a long day of work – maybe on one of Hawaii’s many farms.
4) They are also extremely self-reliant.
Just because they live on a small island doesn’t mean that they have easy access to everything offered by bigger cities.
5) They are the friendly faces that work at the local shave ice stand, surf shop or souvenir boutique.
You know, the ones who will strike up a conversation with just about everyone, and can always give stellar recommendations on nearby activities.
6) They are all about their ohana.
From blood relatives to the family you choose, family is of utmost important throughout the islands, and especially in the more rural areas.
7) They place a great value on preserving their history.
From preserving the traditions of ancient native Hawaiians to recognizing important figures throughout their history, people who live in small island towns truly care about where they came from.
8) They will always lend a helping hand.
Giving directions or helping to find your lost dog – in small towns, everyone is willing to go the extra mile for others.
9) They respect the land.
These are the people who respect the aina, who never leave anything but footsteps behind when they go for a hike through the Hawaiian mountainside.
10) They care about their towns and communities.
They take pride in their towns, and foster a sense of community with all who live there.
11) They appreciate the little things in life.
Like rainbows, and that perfect sunrise or sunset.
Are you from a small town in Hawaii? Aren’t they just the best?