1. It’s way too sunny.
I mean, really, who can really handle this much sunny weather? You mean to tell me that seasonal affective disorder can happen during endless summer, too? Sure thing!
2. You’ll never be able to decide which beach to go to.
I mean, do you go to your favorite beach on the east or west side? And do you go to Kailua Beach, or head down the road a mile and visit Lanikai? The choices are endless, so I hope you don't easily become paralyzed by indecision!
3. You’ll be eternally warm…
Really, who wants to be warm all the time? And especially when we can't wear anything other than shorts and sundresses?
4. Except when it’s below 70, and then you’ll freeze.
Oh, wait, you'll break out the sweatshirts and jeans at 75 degrees, because well, your body gets used to the heat. Forget about ever visiting your family in the Midwest for Christmas...
5. The cost of living is astronomical.
From the cost of milk and gas to affordable housing, you might want to think twice about selling that extra kidney in order to live in Hawaii.
6. Forget about going on road trips.
There are only so many places you can drive when living on an island. in the middle of the Pacific Ocean...
7. You’ll become addicted to poke.
What a terrible addiction to have, am I right?
8. And those famous Hawaiian desserts will tempt you always.
If it weren't for all the incredible hiking, those malasadas, shave ice, and mochi would certainly help you pack on the pounds.
9. You’ll look silly if you decide to dress up.
Who needs high heels and dress slacks when you have fancy slippers and Aloha wear?
10. There’s sea life everywhere.
I mean, really, who wants to be this close to gorgeous Hawaiian green sea turtles, or other sea life?
11. You’ll learn to live with multiple roommates.
Better get used to living with geckos if you want to make it in Hawaii. It's not all bad, though, at least they eat the bugs.
12. You will develop a taste for locally-grown produce and coffee.
And when you visit elsewhere, nothing will compare to a cup of Kona coffee and fresh pineapple.
13. You won’t know which adventure to choose from this weekend.
Should you go hiking, skydiving, surfing, or scuba diving this weekend? The choices are seemingly endless!
14. You are prepared for traffic everywhere you go - especially on Oahu.
Trust us, it's not as bad as it looks... Oh, wait. Yes, it is. Honolulu has the second worst travel in the country, behind Los Angeles.
15. You’ll have to pay a pretty penny anytime you experience island fever.
Too bad you'll pay upwards of $150 just for a round trip ticked to the Big Island.
16. You’ll become restless working in an office.
How can you possibly get work done when there is an entire island out there just waiting to be explored?
17. Your camera roll will fill up with pictures of sunrises, sunsets, and rainbows.
Forget about taking pictures of your children or the family pet, your phone storage will surely be taken up by photos of Hawaiian scenery in no time at all.