Georgia November 24, 2016
11 Winter Festivals In Georgia That Are Simply Unforgettable
There is always something going on in Georgia. It’s hard to stay on top of all the festivals, activities, and adventures that Georgians and visiting guests can get themselves into. However, we came across a few winter festivals this year that will surely be unforgettable. Between artisan crafts, holiday gift shopping, live Christmas music, and even a surprise visit from Santa Claus himself, take a look at these 11 winter festivals in Georgia worth checking out.
1. Winter Wonderland Festival—Fort Valley, Georgia, December 17-18, 2016
This annual event in Fort Valley, Georgia is filled with holiday spirit and wintertime fun. Enjoy an incredible weekend of ice skating, carnival rides, arts and crafts, local food, and more!
2. LIFT UP Christmas Extravaganza—Lawrenceville, Georgia, December 17, 2016
Yelp Roz. B
This annual event is filled with family fun and festivity, and the cost of admission is donation of a new toy! There is live entertainment, raffles, a dessert buffet, and even a guest appearance by Santa.
3. Savannah Christmas on the River—Savannah, Georgia December 2, 2016
Every year Savannah throws a holiday celebration for the whole family. Arts and crafts, live music, a holiday parade, and so much more!
4. Christmas Extravaganza—Sylvania, Georgia, December 1, 2016
Located in the quaint town of Sylvania, the Christmas Extravaganza is over 30 years old! With live music, a parade, and costume characters galore, you won’t want to miss this winter festival.
5. Ugly Sweater Run—Atlanta, Georgia, December 3, 2016
Everyone loves a good ugly sweater run, right? Good music, festive spirit, and exercise to burn off those extra holiday pounds.
6. Atlanta Winter Beerfest—Atlanta, Georgia, February 4, 2017
Do you like beer? Do you like winter? Do you like Atlanta? If you answered yes to at least one of those questions, then the Atlanta Winter Beerfest is for you.
7. 20th Annual Illuminated Christmas Parade—Hinesville, Georgia, December 2, 2016
For twenty years, the good people of Hinesville, Georgia have been serving up a parade unlike anything you've ever seen. Festivity, floats, and Christmas cheer!
8. Santa on the Square—Marietta, Georgia, Various Weekends in December
Every year in Glover Park, Santa sets up his workshop. Visiting the workshop on the weekends is a great experience for the kids, plus you'll be able to see the tree beautifully lit up, too!
9. Hometown Holiday Christmas Celebration—Tifton, Georgia, December 3, 2016
Not only is there a family-friendly parade, but there is also FREE ice skating, zip lining, carnival rides, and more! It’s the perfect way to spend a festive day with your family.
10. Christmas Jubilee—Woodstock, Georgia, December 3, 2016
The city of Woodstock puts together a parade every year featuring spirited floats, Christmas carols, and community celebration. You can even get in on the delicious local grub, too!
11. Dublin Christkindlmarket—Dublin, Georgia, November 26-27, 2016
Located in beautiful Downtown Dublin, Georgia, Christkindlmarket brings a taste of Germany to the small town every weekend. Imagine good foods, good drinks, fun, and community all wrapped up in a festive tradition!
Did we miss any? Make sure you share with us which winter festivals you love to attend each year. Otherwise, if you’re looking for more wintertime fun in Georgia, then check out
The Christmas Lights Road Trip Through Georgia That’s Nothing Short Of Magical.