Georgia July 10, 2017
12 Weird Side Effects Everyone Experiences From Growing Up In Georgia
Growing up in Georgia normally means that you’ve developed some really strange side effects from living in the state–side effects that most people wouldn’t understand unless they too, grew up in Georgia. Take a look at these 12 weird side effects everyone experiences from growing up in Georgia and see how many you can relate to.
1. You're prepared for any and all weather.
You never officially put your snow shovel away. Even when celebrating the first day of summer. There's always that worry in the back of your head...
2. When you walk into a Southern restaurant outside of Georgia and they don't serve buffet-style, family-style, or homestyle anything...
Then really, what's the point?
3. You sometimes forget what time period you live in.
Between all the antebellum architecture, the historical homes, and the bits of the past still showcased at every corner, it's easy to forget what year it is.
4. This is not an abnormal sight, or something you'd think twice about...
5. ...but then again neither is this.
6. Ghost stories don't really freak you out anymore.
Instead they have just become really awesome pieces of state history.
7. But eating biscuits and gravy in Georgia has probably ruined you for life.
"What do you mean there are pickled radishes and crème fraîche in my gravy?"
8. You know how to pronounce all of the towns that may look like they're easy to pronounce, but really they aren't.
Most commonly pronounced: Hay-HI-ra.
9. You really don't think you have an accent.
Because you don't. They do. Especially when they come to YOUR state. Amiright?
10. Coca-Cola has ruined you for life.
Other sodas don't exist. Except making baking soda.
11. You know exactly what weekends are made of.
Especially during the fall and winter months. Saturdays and Sundays are reserved for your team.
12. You are proud of Georgia in every way possible.
And you couldn't imagine living anywhere else.
Have any other weird side effects you’ve encountered living in Georgia? Share in the comments! Otherwise, if you are ready for more Georgia fun, check out
12 Awkward Moments Every Georgian Has Endured At Least Once.