The Lesser-Known Trail Tobacco Pouch Loop In Georgia Is A Hike Worth Having
There is an underrated trail in Georgia that highlights some of the best pockets of nature around. Within the Dawson Wildlife Management Area, the Tobacco Pouch Trail is a loop that will take hikers on a longer trek, which covers a few waterfalls, huge elevation changes, and spectacular views. Take a look at this awesome Georgia hiking trail for your next day-hike.
Note: In order to hike this trail, hikers 16 years of age and older will need to possess a valid hunting license, fishing license, or Georgia Lands pass to enter. You can purchase these licenses at the Georgia Wildlife Resources website.
Have you ever hiked the Tobacco Pouch Trail in Georgia before? If so, what was your favorite part? Would you agree that it is among the best hiking in Georgia? Share with us your experience in the comments section!
If you’re looking for more information about this hiking trail, including current weather conditions, then check out the AllTrails Tobacco Pouch website page. Or, if you’d like to find other hike trails in the area, you can find them by going to the overall AllTrails website.
If you’re still in the mood for more Peach State adventures, take a look at this video:
More to Explore
More Peach State Adventures
Where can we go fishing in Georgia?
- The Conasauga River runs for 90 miles through North Georgia and Tennessee and is home to 25 different fish species.
- Simons Island is a popular place for saltwater/deep-sea fishing.
- Lake Burton is a massive 2,800-acre reservoir known for its world-class Bass fishing.
Read on to learn about some of the other great places to go fishing in Georgia.
Where can we find historic landmarks in Georgia?
- The Calhoun Mine in the town of Lumpkin is where gold was first discovered in Georgia in the early 1800s.
- The Central of Georgia Railway in Chatham was the first railway to link Chattanooga and the Tennessee River to the Atlantic Ocean seaports.
- The Dixie Coca-Cola Bottling Company Plant in Atlanta is where Coca-Cola was first bottled.
Read on to learn about some of the other interesting historic landmarks in Georgia.
What are some fun facts about Georgia?
- There are at least 50 streets in Atlanta with "Peachtree" in their name.
- All of the major lakes in the state are man-made.
- Georgia was originally founded as a felon colony.
Read on to learn about some of the other fun facts about Georgia.