Attractions December 22, 2015
15 Things Everyone Must Do In Georgia In 2016
I’m super excited for 2016. Why? Because of all the exciting adventures I’m planning to take in Georgia! If you don’t already have your bucket list for 2016 check out these fun things we think everyone must do in Georgia next year.
We’re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life. While we continue to feature destinations that make our state wonderful, please take proper precautions or add them to your bucket list to see at a later date. If you know of a local business that could use some extra support during these times, please nominate them here:
1. Go Ice Skating at the Classic Center - Dates : 11/16/15 - 2/28/16
The Classic Center
300 North Thomas Street
Athens, GA 30601
Have the time of your life at the Classic Center's ice skating rink!
2. Attend the first day hike at Fort Mountain - Jan 1. 2016 Fort Mountain State Park
181 Fort Mountain Park Rd
Chatsworth, GA 30705
If you have no plans for New Years, consider attending the first day of hiking at the beautiful Fort Mountain. I'm sure it won't be that cold outside!
3. Do the Polar Bear Swim - Dates : 1/1/16 - 1/1/16
Lake Lanier Olympic Venue
3105 Clarks Bridge Road
Gainesville, GA 30506
Or, if you don't mind getting cold, attend our annual Polar Bear Swim at Lake Lanier on New Years! Even if you don't participate, I'm sure this will be really fun to watch.
4. Visit Rock City - 1400 Patten Rd.
Lookout Mountain, GA 30750
706-820-2531 | 800-854-0675
Some of the most beautiful pictures of Georgia come from Rock City and I have talked about this place a lot in my articles throughout the year! If you haven't gotten a chance to see this place yet, make sure to do so in 2016.
5. Go to the Rock Ranch - 5020 Barnesville Hwy.
The Rock, GA 30285
The Rock Ranch, founded by the late S. Truett Cathy of Chick-fil-A, is a fun time for the whole family. This 1,500-acre cattle ranch has more than 35 fun attractions!
6. Take a trip to Rutland Farms next Summer - 5641 Union Rd.
Tifton, GA 31794
Agriculture is a huge part of the Georgia economy and we have dozens of farms and farmers markets around the state. Take your children to Rutland Farms and let them learn about how fresh produce is grown. Their U-Pick is available during the summer time and is a fun activity for the family.
7. Get a glass of wine or two at the Georgia Winery - 6469 Battlefield Pkwy.
Ringgold, GA 30736
706-937-9463 | 706-937-2177
Did you know that Georgia is known for their muscadine wines? Try some of Georgia's best wines at The Georgia Winery. They have winery tours every Saturday.
8. Get outdoors and do some fly fishing at Blackhawk Fly Fishing - Soque River
9400 Hwy. 197 N.
Clarkesville, GA 30523
706-947-3474 | 706-968-8769
If you're into Trout fishing then the fly fishing on the Soque River is where you'll want to be next year!
9. Visit the ranch at Seventy-four Ranch - 9205 Hwy. 53 W.
Jasper, GA 30143
Feel like an explorer at this historic bed-n-breakfast in Jasper, GA. Enjoy fishing and horseback riding through their 1,200 acres of fields and streams.
10. Learn how to make herbal medicine at the Herb Crib - 2998 Track Rock Church Rd
Blairsville, GA 30512
The Herb Garden is a neat and unique shop that specializes in organically grown culinary herbs, medicinal herbs, organic vegetables, salad greens, native plants and wildflowers. You can take a tour through the organic herb shop or you can take a class on herbal medicine.
11. Take a tour of the historic Thomasville - Historic Thomasville Walking-Driving Tour - 144 E. Jackson St.
Thomasville, GA 31792
12. Visit Washington Farms next fall - 5671 Hog Mountain Rd.
Watkinsville, GA 30677
Next fall make sure to take a visit to Washington Farms. Go through the corn maze, pick some pumpkins, take a hay ride, eat kettle corn and just have a day of fun!
13. Visit Blue Ridge, GA - PO Box 610
Epworth, GA 30541
Of course, you have to get out to Blue Ridge next year! You'll love this beautiful mountain town. There's always something fun to do whether you're hiking, exploring the town, or snuggled up in a cabin with your loved one.
14. Take a relaxing weekend trip to Beechwood Inn - 220 Beechwood Dr.
Clayton, GA 30525
Beechwood Inn was selected "Best Inn in Georgia 2013" by Georgia Magazine. What makes it so great? They offer a daily selection of wine and amazing food, which are sourced from their gardens.
15. Go for a bike ride with Georgia Bicycle Adventures
What do you think of these places? Have you ever been to any of these places? If not, do you plan on going next year? What places are on your must-visit list for Georgia next year? Tell us in the comments below!
Epworth, GA 30541