These 14 Unique Day Trips In Georgia Are An Absolute Must Do
Sweet Georgia! When one thinks of Georgia, one might think of riding horseback and eating peaches. Well, that’s not all the state has to offer. In fact, Georgia is home to many major cities, universities, and people that make the state a fusion of cosmopolitan international hospitality! If ever you’ve asked yourself, “What are some fun and spontaneous day trips in Georgia, or Googled day trips near me”, this is the list for you. Without further ado, here are 14 great things to do in the Peach State, and in my opinion, some of the best day trips in Georgia that are worthy of your bucket list.
Wanna discover more fun day trips in Georgia? Here is a cool YouTube video by TRIP XTREME highlighting some of the best places to visit in Georgia.
There you have it: 14 great, spontaneous day trips every person should experience in Georgia. We hope this list provides some inspiration the next time you’re wondering about day trips in Georgia. What are some other really cool things to do in Georgia? Let us know in the comments – we’d love to hear from you!
More to Explore
day trips near me in Georgia
What are some more of the best day trips in Georgia?
If you live in Georgia and you’ve ever Googled “day trips near me”, you probably got an overwhelming list of places to visit. Luckily, I have narrowed down some of the best day trips in Georgia for you.
- Providence Canyon State Park, Lumpkin
- Callaway Resort & Gardens near Pine Mountain, Harris
- Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forests, Suches
- Jekyll Island, Glynn County
- Blackbeard Island, McIntosh County
- Helen Tubing and Waterpark, Helen
- Rock City Gardens, Lookout Mountain
- Case Cave, Cloudland Canyon State Park, Rising Fawn
- Atlanta Botanical Garden, Atlanta
- Tallulah Gorge State Park, Tallulah Falls
For more fun day trips in Georgia, check out this previous article with some natural attractions in Georgia that we recommend.
What belongs on my Georgia bucket list?
You could easily dedicate a lifetime to exploring all that Georgia has to offer: unbelievable natural attractions, exciting cities, bustling small towns, whimsical roadside wonders, and just about everything in between. Putting together a bucket list is a great way to ensure that you make the most of your time in the Peach Time. Fortunately, we've spent some time compiling a bucket list to get you started. Some of the adventures on our bucket list include:
- Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain
- Mary Mac's Tea Room in Atlanta
- Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room in Savannah
- Southern Soul BBQ in St. Simons Island
- Wiley's Championship BBQ in Savannah
- VIP Southern Tours
- Barnsley Resort in Adairsville
- The Lodge & Spa at Callaway in Pine Mountain
- The Olde Savannah Inn
- Atlanta Botanical Gardens
- The Chattahoochee Nature Center
- Amicalola Lodge in Dawsonville
- Gibbs Gardens in Ball Ground
- Cloudland Canyon in Rising Fawn
- Okefenokee Swamp in Waycross
- Providence Canyon in Lumpkin
- Tallulah Gorge, Stone Mountain
- Warm Springs
- Georgia's Barrier Islands.Learn more by checking out our complete Georgia bucket list.
Does Georgia have any hidden gems?
Yes! The Peach State is filled with hidden gems just waiting to be uncovered. Some of our favorites include:
- Sleepy Hollow in Blairsville
- The Secret Air Force Plant in Dawson Forest
- Beach Paradise in Jonesboro
- The Abandoned Castle in Menlo
- Crypt of Civilization at Oglethorpe University
- Lake Thurmond
- Indian Springs State Park
- New Manchester Mill Ruins at Sweetwater Creek State Park
- Cloudland Canyon State Park
- Chateau Elan Winery and Resort
- BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir
- Minnehaha Falls
- The East Palisades Trail.But that's just the beginning; there are countless attractions to be discovered in Georgia. If you'd like to keep exploring, be sure to check out the Definitive Guide To Uncovering Georgia’s Best Attractions — Small Towns, Gorgeous Parks, Museums, And More.