This Open Air Train Ride In Georgia Is A Scenic Adventure For The Whole Family
It’s no secret that Stone Mountain is one of the most popular attractions in Georgia. This work of art on a stunning natural rock formation is impressive to see in person and definitely worth a visit if you’ve never been. The bas-relief sculpture can be seen on foot, and you can also experience a climb up to the very top of Stone Mountain via a trail if you’re looking for a workout. But one of our favorite ways to enjoy the park is by taking in an open-air Stone Mountain train ride that will give you a unique vantage point of this mighty monolith. Take a ride on the Stone Mountain Scenic Railroad in Georgia.
Get an in-depth look at the Stone Mountain Scenic Railroad:
Be sure to visit Stone Mountain Park online to get the current schedules and pricing for the Stone Mountain Scenic Railroad in Georgia.
More to Explore
Things To Do In Georgia
What are some hidden gem attractions in Georgia?
Some hidden gem attractions in Georgia include:
- Nacoochee Mount. This ancient burial mound is part of the Etowah Mounds and is filled with archaeological history.
- Old Car City. This is a rusting collection of old-fashioned cars from over the decades that will bring back a lot of nostalgia.
- The Paris Market & Brocante. This is one part museum, one part store, one part cafe, and one part European marketplace.
- Fort Frederica. This old fort from 1736 was used by the British to fight off the Spanish and is an intriguing historical ruin.
Find out more about these and other hidden gem attractions in Georgia.
What are the most enchanting man-made wonders in Georgia?
The most enchanting man-made wonders in Georgia include:
- Providence Canyon. This is a man-made canyon that resembles the Grand Canyon that reaches depths of 150 feet.
- Lilburn Temple. This is a beautiful temple made with over 34,000 hand-carved limestone, marble, and sandstone stones.
- Howard Finster’s Paradise Garden Foundation. There are over 40,000 pieces of art made of every kind of object in this amazing garden.
- The Cathedral of St.John the Baptist. This is perhaps the most beautiful cathedral in the state and is an architectural marvel.
Discover more about the most enchanting man-made wonders in Georgia.
What are the most unique attractions in Georgia?
The most unique attractions in Georgia include:
- Lego Atlanta. The Legoland Discovery Center has a replica of Atlanta built entirely out of Lego pieces.
- Booth Western Art Museum. As the largest Western art museum in America, this museum has amazing exhibits including Civil War battle paintings.
- Waffle House Museum. Many have had a late-night breakfast at a Waffle House. This museum holds Waffle House items spanning 60 years.
- Space Bank. Located in Alma, this bank from 1966 looks like something from The Jetsons and other 60s sci-fi sets.
Learn more about the most unique attractions in Georgia.