Have An Old World Christmas At This Charming Historic Village In Georgia
Every year, the town of Dahlonega, Georgia hosts an Old Fashioned Christmas from November 24 – December 31. The month-long celebration in this quaint, historic town is nothing short of sensational. From the lighting of the Christmas tree in the town square to caroling through the streets, Dahlonega is truly a magical place for an Old Fashioned Christmas. Let’s explore Christmas in Dahlonega, Georgia!
Take a closer look at Old Fashioned Christmas:
Have you experienced Old Fashioned Christmas in Dahlonega, Georgia? If so, let us know about your experiences in the comments. Or if you want more Georgia holiday charm, then take a holiday road trip to check out 13 Main Streets In Georgia That Are Pure Magic During Christmastime.
More to Explore
Holiday Festivities in Georgia
What are the most festive Christmas towns in Georgia?
The most festive Christmas towns in Georgia include:
- Helen. This town is already full of German culture and decor and it really comes alive during the holidays.
- Gainesville. This small town decks out its Main Street with lights and wreaths and has events light Swim With Santa and the Annual Christmas Festival Concerts.
- Dahlonega. This little town has lit-up trees all over the town and its annual Old Fashioned Christmas event shouldn’t be missed.
- Blue Ridge. The Blue Ridge Scenic Railway has a Polar Express train that you should put on your bucket list.
Discover more about the most festive Christmas towns in Georgia.
What are the best winter festivals in Georgia?
The best winter festivals in Georgia include:
- Dublin Christkindlmarket. This German holiday festival includes amazing food and drink and brings the community together.
- Ugly Sweater Run. Every year in Atlanta locals get together and run a race in the silliest and ugliest holiday sweaters they can find.
- Hometown Holiday Christmas Celebration. This festival in Tifton includes ice skating, carnival rides, zip lining, and more.
- Christmas Jubilee. The people of Woodstock put on an annual parade with amazing floats and there’s lots of delicious food.
Find out more about the best winter festivals in Georgia.
What are the most magical Christmas light displays in Georgia?
The most magical Christmas light displays in Georgia include:
- Six Flags Holiday in the Park. Imagine riding rollercoasters and getting an amazing view of the whole park lit up with multicolored lights.
- Fantasy in Lights. Every year, Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain lights up the trees with over 8 million sparking lights.
- Garden Lights. Atlanta Botanical Garden becomes a magical wonderland with light displays like Orchestral Orbs and Radiant Rainforest.
- Enchanted Garden of Lights. Rock City has one of the largest and most spectacular holiday light displays in the state.
Learn more about the most magical Christmas light displays in Georgia.