Georgia September 17, 2017
13 Failproof Ways To Convince All Your Friends To Move To Georgia
Everyone that lives in Georgia already knows how much it rules. You’ll be hard-pressed to go through a week without someone you know saying, “gosh, I just love my state.” However, believe it or not, there are other people out there who have no idea just how awesome Georgia is. Maybe now is the time to start clueing them in, or perhaps a few are tinkering with the idea of moving. In any case, here are a few foolproof ways to convince all your out-of-towner friends to move to Georgia.
1. It’s one of the only places where you can still eat a delicious Southern meal, family-style.
Eating communal-style is something that doesn't happen too often out-of-state, which is why it is such a wonderful tradition here in Georgia.
2. The abundance of scenery throughout the state is unparalleled.
Between the incredible mountaintop vantage points or the views of the coast, Georgia has it all.
3. You can feel all four seasons and actually enjoy each one.
There is something to look forward to every season in Georgia. It's one of the perks to celebrating all four seasons.
4. Our universities are some of the best in the world.
We have a TON of colleges and universities to choose from, all with incredible opportunities to learn without breaking the bank.
5. Really, the price of housing is so affordable your mouth will drop.
How about not having to be in debt the rest of your life to afford a roof over your head? Well in Georgia, that's a reality!
6. Our stadiums are always packed—our teams always put up a fight.
You'll find a team you love and stick to them like glue.
7. Our agriculture is something we are proud of and continue to dedicate our lives to each year.
It goes well beyond peaches, people. Berries, wheat, peanuts, onions, you name it, we'll grow it.
8. We have hiking trails, biking trails, camping, waterfall attractions and the best that nature has to offer.
It's true. Sometimes when you're out there and that mountain fresh air hits you, all you can do is breathe it in and feel happy to be alive.
9. You will not find food better than you’ll find in Georgia.
This is the truth. Georgia has food and varieties of food like you wouldn't believe. Sure, Southern food is our staple, but just wait to see what some of our culinary creators come up with.
10. You don’t have to pay a toll every time you want to drive up the street (ahem, Florida, ahem).
Georgia is practically toll-less which is a darn relief because who has time for tolls anymore?
11. The job industry is BOOMING.
There are so many companies with headquarters in Georgia it is entirely possible to work for a great one right in your own backyard.
12. Ever had an interest in the film industry? Now’s your chance.
Since the taxes are low and the scenery is great, Hollywood is moving to Georgia. Sort of. Many different movies and TV shows are being filmed in Georgia with plenty of opportunities for extras.
13. Our state song, "Georgia on My Mind" will forever be your mantra anytime you leave the state.
Maybe Ray Charles isn't the originator of the hit, but he sure does add that soulful blues to it that Georgia needed.
If that doesn’t convince your friends, I don’t know what would. Actually, scratch that–this might, too:
15 Undeniable Reasons Everyone Should Love Georgia.