Florida May 09, 2017
12 Weird Side Effects Everyone Experiences From Growing Up In Florida
Obviously, where you live has a huge impact on your life, but there can also be some unexpected side effects. Read on to find out if you might be experiencing some of these side effects of living in Florida:
1. Crystal-clear springs are known to the state of Florida to cause extreme relaxation.
Especially in the summer months, there's no better way to cool off and appreciate nature.
2. Florida may cause residents to lose the ability to wear closed-toe shoes.
Large quantities of flip-flops might also mysteriously gather in your closet.
3. Living in the Sunshine State might increase your risk of being caught in surprise rainstorms.
This side effect is generally mild and lasts only 15 to 30 minutes before the sun is back out again.
4. Most residents develop a life-long allergy to snow and cold.
The allergy is severe and only treated by staying indoors and complaining until temperatures rise again.
5. Living in Florida may cause consumption of large quantities of Vitamin C.
Whether it's a million different OJ varieties in the grocery store, a morning grapefruit, or an orange from your own backyard, there's always a healthy dose of citrus within reach.
6. Some residents may find themselves seeing blue.
This condition might also be accompanied by sandy toes and salty hair.
7. Inexplicable cravings for Publix sub sandwiches may develop.
Everyone knows Pub subs are the best. Residents may also discover they're enjoying grocery shopping just a little too much.
8. If you're pregnant or nursing, be prepared for infants to practically leave the womb knowing how to swim.
Luckily, this comes in handy in our state, so these skills should be encouraged.
9. The risk of hurricane is raised significantly by living in Florida.
If you live here for decades, you can expect to experience quite a few of these.
10. Residents might ocassionally experience a spike in blood pressure.
In a state that still has quite a wild side, you never know what you might encounter.
11. Life in Florida might be hazardous for your paint job.
Especially during mating seasons (like right now), these obnoxious little bugs get no love from us. While they're relatively harmless, they can ruin your paint job if you don't wash them off quickly.
12. Lastly, living in paradise may cause a happiness overload.
This is often accompanied by a love of sunsets, walks on the beach, and a refusal to ever move anywhere else.
Have you experienced any of these side effects of living in Florida? Are there any others you think we missed?
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.