Walk Or Ride Alongside The Ocean On The 6.5-Mile Gasparilla Island Boca Grande Trail In Florida
It’s easy to understand why walking and biking in Florida is so widely popular, especially when you see scenic trails like this one. The Gasparilla Island Boca Grande Bike Trail in Florida is a paved 6.5-mile trail that runs from the bottom to the top of Gasparilla Island. Created back in the mid-1980s, the trail was built over retired railway tracks by the DuPont family. Today, it provides one of the most scenic walking, jogging, or biking paths in the state. Let’s download the AllTrails+ app for an offline map and get ready for this oceanfront ride!
Watch this YouTube video by Live Free New Hampshire for an incredible tour of Gasparilla Island.
Have you ever walked or biked the Gasparilla Island Boca Grande Bike Trail in Florida before? Share with us your experience in the comments section! Or if you’re looking for more information about this oceanfront trail, check out the AllTrails+ app.
Before you hit the trails, be sure to read our article about the ultimate hiking packing list highlighting all the essential items needed for an easy hike.
More to Explore
BOCA GRANDE BIKE TRAIL & RELATED INFO
Aside from Boca Grande Bike Trail, what are the best hiking trails in Florida?
If you’re searching for the best hikes in Florida, here are a few that I recommend:
- Rainbow Springs Trail, Dunnellon
- Big Cypress National Preserve, Big Cypress
- Ancient Dunes Trail, St. Augustine
- Juniper Springs Trail, Silver Springs
- Geneva Wilderness Loop, Geneva
- Arch Creek Park Trail, North Miami Beach
- Florida National Scenic Trail, Ocala
- Crooked River Preserve, Clermont
- Pine Island Trail, Orange City
- Lockwood to Barr Trail, Oviedo
Read our previous article listing some more of the best trails in Florida.
What are the best state parks in Florida?
There is no doubt that there are some incredible state parks in Florida. And these are the parks that are worthy of a visit:
- Ichetucknee Springs State Park, Fort White
- Little Manatee River State Park, Wimauma
- Anastasia State Park, St. Augustine
- Silver Springs State Park, Silver Springs
- Dr. Julian G. Bruce St. George Island State Park, St George Island
- Blue Spring State Park, Orange City
- Bahia Honda State Park, Florida Keys
- Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park, Homosassa
- Fort Clinch State Park, Fernandina Beach
- Florida Caverns State Park, Marianna
- Falling Waters State Park, Chipley
- Washington Oaks Gardens State Park, Palm Coast
Be sure to check out our previous article to discover more about these amazing state parks in Florida.
What are the best beaches in Florida?
Some of the best beaches in the country, and perhaps in the world, are here in Florida. But if you’re searching for some of the best beaches in Florida, these oases are a must-visit.
- Bahia Honda, Florida Keys
- St. George Island,
- Siesta Key, Sarasota
- Blowing Rocks Preserve, Hobe Sound
- Caladesi Island in Dunedin
- Sanibel Beach, Sanibel
- Usina Beach, St. Augustine
- Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island
- St Pete Beach, St. Petersburg
- Crab Island, Destin
Check out this article to learn about some of the best beaches in Florida.