The Twinkliest Town In Florida Will Make Your Holiday Season Merry And Bright
Captiva Island in Florida is always a fun place to visit no matter the time of year, but when it comes to the holidays, this small town truly brings a bit of magic. Residents and visitors alike can see an entirely different side of Captiva Island when they visit during Christmas, especially with the list of events and activities that take place every year.
Christmas in Florida may look a little different than in other states, but that doesn’t mean we don’t know how to deck the halls…and palm trees!
Have you ever spent Christmas at Captiva Island in Florida before? How about during another season? Share with us some of your favorite holiday events in the comments section! Or if you have another Christmas town in Florida that lights up for the holidays and deserves some recognition, make sure to let us know.
Can’t bear to leave? This colorful condo has no shortage of views or amenities!
More to Explore
Christmas at Captiva Island
Are there any beachy Christmas celebrations or light displays in Florida?
You bet there are! Santa loves a good tropical escape as much as the rest of us. From epic Christmas light displays to funky traditions, these Christmas festivities show off a warmer, beachier side of the holiday season.
- Cocoa Beach Christmas Parade, Cocoa Beach: Delight in the Cocoa Beach "Reverse" Christmas Parade featuring festive floats, marching bands, and community spirit along the iconic Atlantic coast. Even a boat parade as well! You can also celebrate a unique Christmas tradition as a plethora (gaggle? multitude?) of "Surfing Santas" hit the waves in Cocoa Beach, combining surfing, festive attire, and coastal joy.
- Coquina Beach Christmas Lights, Bradenton Beach, Anna Maria Island: Enjoy the holiday spirit with Christmas lights and decorations at Coquina Beach, adding a touch of festive charm to the coastal scenery.
- Deck the Chairs, Jacksonville Beach: Stroll along the Jacksonville Beach Seawalk Pavilion to admire creatively decorated lifeguard chairs, transforming the beach into a holiday spectacle.
- Harborwalk of Lights, Key West: Experience the magic of lights and festive decorations on the shores of Key West, creating a tropical holiday wonderland.
- Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse Holiday Extravaganza, Jupiter: Join holiday events at the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse, where festive lights adorn the iconic landmark, creating a magical coastal ambiance.
- Lighted Boat Parade, various locations: Numerous coastal communities host lighted boat parades, where festively adorned boats glide along the waterfront, offering a unique and twinkling holiday display.
- Sandi Land Tree Lighting/Holiday in Paradise, West Palm Beach: Witness the lighting of Sandi, a 700-ton sand tree, in a dazzling ceremony at the West Palm Beach Waterfront.
- Seaside Holiday Celebration, Seaside: Enjoy the charm of a coastal Christmas in Seaside, with holiday events, twinkling lights, and the iconic Gulf of Mexico as a backdrop.
- Venice Christmas Boat Parade, Venice: Experience the enchanting Venice Christmas Boat Parade, as decorated boats cruise through the Intracoastal Waterway, spreading holiday cheer.