Florida August 20, 2016
15 Reasons Why Small Town Florida Is Actually The Best Place To Grow Up
Florida gets so much attention for its beaches, theme parks, and big cities that a lot of folks don’t even realize Florida has wonderful small towns where things are a little different and life moves at a slower pace. Here are a few reasons why a small town is actually the best place to grow up:
1. The sunsets were amazing.
You don't have to go to the beach to see a breathtaking sunset or sunrise in Florida.
2. The night skies are equally beautiful.
Actually being able to see the stars is something you'll miss more than you realize if you move to the city.
3. Traffic was never a problem.
There might have even been one main road with one traffic light.
4. You spent a lot of time waiting at train tracks.
It's just a part of life. You get used to it.
5. You never needed a key to get into your house.
You could actually leave your house unlocked.
6. You spent lots of quality time with your family.
And your neighbors felt like family, too.
7. You knew the name of everyone in your graduating class.
And you had the same friends since you were a kid.
8. Every spare minute was spent outdoors.
You learned to hunt, fish, and create your own entertainment. You could actually walk to school or ride your bike in town without your parents being worried.
9. The mailman could deliver any letter, even if you forgot the address.
He knew every home by heart.
10. You could never get into much trouble, because the whole town was always watching.
And if you missed church on Sunday, someone would probably call to check on you.
11. You could see the police station, fire station, post office, and general store from the town hall.
You didn't have to worry about driving across town to get something done.
12. There was a store that had everything you could want.
And if you forgot your wallet, it wasn't a problem. Can you imagine that happening in a big city?
13. Your town had an old fashioned drug store.
You spent many Saturdays at the counter of a real soda fountain.
14. You had plenty of firsthand experiences with animals, both domesticated and wild.
City kids are always in awe of your extensive knowledge of plants and animals.
15. You might eventually move away, but nothing will ever compare to your hometown.
Want to visit some of Florida’s best small towns? Check out these
20 Small Towns In Florida Where Everyone Knows Your Name.