The Middle-Of-Nowhere General Store With Some Of The Best Bagels And Sandwiches In Florida
There is something so timeless about Florida general stores, it’s hard to pass up a chance to visit especially when one is as cool as the one in a small community in central Florida. Eola General Store is located in Lake Eola Heights and offers guests a unique shopping experience, plus your one-stop picnic shop. With a variety of curated wines, deliciously brewed coffee, and baked goods, this spot should definitely be on your radar next time you’re in town. Plus, we can’t forget about the fact this small-town general store has some of the best fresh bagels in Florida.
If you want more Florida restaurants, make sure to click here and sign up for our weekly dining newsletter. Every Thursday, a new eatery to try in the Sunshine State will be delivered straight to your email. Yum!
Take a look at some of what you’ll find here:
Have you ever been to Eola General Store in Florida before? Do you agree that they have the best bagels in Florida? Share with us your experience in the comments section! Or if you’re looking for updates about this general store, including current hours of operation, then check out the Eola General Store website or Facebook Page. While you’re out with the family, check out nearby Typhoon Lagoon.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
The Best Shops and Markets in Florida
What are the most charming general stores in Florida?
The most charming general stores in Florida include:
- Neighbors. This family-owned shop offers old-fashioned ice cream, candy, and sodas as well as the essentials.
- C.C. Smith General Store. This store was built during the 1920s and still has a ton of rustic country charm.
- Wood & Swink General Store and Post Office. This place has been around since 1882 and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Historic Mandarin Store and Post Office. This store originally ran from 1911 to 1964 and has been recently restored with much of its original furnishings.
Find out more about the most charming general stores in Florida.
What are the best thrift stores in Florida?
The best thrift stores in Florida include:
- CASA Community Thrift Shop in St. Petersburg. The proceeds at this community shop go to providing services for victims of domestic violence.
- Back on the Rack Consignment in West Palm Beach. This shop sells high-quality clothes at discounted prices.
- The Other Side Vintage in Tallahassee. This huge warehouse shop is filled with vintage items, stylish clothing, and wonderful household goods.
- Secondhand Savvy in Brandon. There is a vast array of quality items at bargain prices and they have "fillabag" sales where you can fill a bag for $10.
Learn more about the best thrift shops in Florida.
What are the best farmer’s markets in Florida?
The best farmer’s markets in Florida include:
- Winter Park Farmer’s Market. This market is held by the historic train depot and has a wide selection of produce, flowers, and houseplants.
- Saturday Morning Market in St. Petersburg. This is the largest outdoor market in the southeastern United States.
- Riverside Arts Market in Jacksonville. Locals love to come here to shop and hang out under the Fuller Warren Bridge.
- West Palm Beach GreenMarket. Cooking Light Magazine named this the best farmer’s market in Florida and it sure has earned it.
Discover more about the best farmer’s markets in Florida.