The Iconic Mount Dora Lighthouse In Florida Is Small But Mighty
If you’ve ever been to the charming town of Mount Dora, Florida, then you already know what a special place this is. However, while many people appreciate the character and panache that this town has to offer, we locals know there is also a bit of history to be indulged in as well. Take the Mount Dora Lighthouse as the perfect example. Dubbed the Granthan Point Lighthouse, this small but mighty iconic landmark in the town is still standing today and has a fascinating history of how it was erected and why.
Have you ever visited Mount Dora Lighthouse in Florida before? If so, what was your favorite part? Would you agree that it is one of the most charming Florida lighthouses? We’d love to read about your experience in the comments section below!
Or if you really want to tackle an adventure, then check out this incredible lighthouse road trip through Florida.
For those of you that are still in the mood for more Sunshine State adventures, take a look at this video:
More to Explore
More Florida Adventures
Where can we find state parks in Florida?
- Bahia Honda State Park in the Florida Keys is an island featuring swimming and paddling.
- Julian G. Bruce St. George Island State Park in St. George Island spans 2,000 spectacular acres.
- Camp Helen State Park in Panama City Beach has a rare dune lake and scrub oak forests.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other wonderful state parks in Florida.
Where can we find family-friendly hiking trails in Florida?
- The Cypress Lakes Preserve Trail in Brooksville meanders along a maritime marsh.
- The Ancient Dunes Trail at Anastasia State Park in St. Augustine features is a quick, 1 mile loop trail.
- The Florida Trail in the Bronson State Forest in Williston is home to gopher tortoises.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other family-friendly hiking trails in Florida.
Where can we find the best lakes in Florida?
- Lake Tohopekaliga is the largest lake in Osceola County and very popular for bass fishing and birdwatching.
- Lake Eustis is a 7,000-acre lake in the Harris Chain of Lakes in Central Florida that is popular for fishing and sailing.
- Lake Harris extends nearly 14,000 acres, is the largest lake in Lake County, and known for great bass and bluegill fishing.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other amazing lakes in Florida.