Florida January 25, 2016
14 Ways Living In Florida Ruins You For Life
Here in Florida, we have tons of sunshine, water and wildlife. It’s pretty close to paradise, but the only problem is that it can absolutely ruin your hopes of being happy anywhere else. Don’t believe me? Here are a few ways we’ve been totally spoiled:
During these uncertain times, please keep safety in mind and consider adding destinations to your bucket list to visit at a later date.
1. You'll never be impressed by a beach (almost) anywhere else.
Don't be surprised if you leave the state and catch yourself thinking; "You call this a beach?" Pictured: T. H. Stone Memorial St. Joseph Peninsula State Park on Cape San Blas.
2. You get used to being able to go to your favorite theme parks whenever you want.
You probably won't be able to go to Disney World 10 times a year if you're 3,000 miles away, and it will definitely cost you a lot more.
3. You'll never top a Florida sunrise.
Pictured: Cocoa Beach.
4. Except maybe with a Florida sunset.
Pictured: Key Largo.
5. No other grocery stores will ever top this one.
Sure, there are other nice chains, but Publix just feels like home. Not to mention they make the best subs, cakes, chicken, and almost anything else you can think of.
6. You can't stay away for too long without really missing how green everything is.
I can appreciate the beauty of the desert, but the second you get back to Florida everything feels so fresh and alive. It's like going from black and white to full color.
7. You will be disappointed by the number of pools in any given neighborhood.
Here, chances are you either have a pool, know someone with a pool, or have at least a couple of nice local pools.
8. There aren't clouds like this everywhere, you know.
Some people say that Florida doesn't need mountains, because it has the most amazing clouds. Because our land is almost completely flat, you can usually find a spot where all you see is sky for miles and miles. There are no hills or mountains to obstruct your view.
9. You're definitely spoiled by amazing fresh seafood.
Can you believe there are places where there aren't several seafood restaurants in every town?
10. You've never had to worry much about cold or snow.
So if you ever have to encounter freezing temperatures, you are really unhappy and/or have no idea how to deal with it.
11. Here, you get used to being able to go outside whenever you want.
It's easy to stay active almost year-round, without a gym membership. Pictured: St. Petersburg.
12. You're going to miss being able to get a perfect slice of Key lime pie whenever you want one.
If you're like me, anyway.
13. You've probably gotten used to the casual atmosphere here.
Can you believe that there are places where people have to put on socks, shoes, and even several layers of clothing before they leave the house? Every single day?!
14. You're probably pretty spoiled by the beauty of our state, county and national parks. Not to mention the many gorgeous gardens.
No matter where you are or what time of year it is, there is always something to explore. Pictured: Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park near Gainesville.
So what’s the solution? Never leave!
What ways do you think Florida has “ruined” us? What are your favorite things about living here? Please share your comments with us below!