Florida April 11, 2017
20 Things You Can Only Brag About If You’re From Florida
If you live in Florida, you know we have a lot to brag about. It’s not just the amazing beaches and attractions that make Florida special, though. There are plenty of reasons to celebrate life in the Sunshine State:
1. We have more golf courses than anywhere else in the country.
2. Our state is the only one with an embassy in Washington, D.C.
3. Every time someone uses suntan lotion, they can thank Florida.
4. You can thank us for Key lime pie, too.
5. You can watch an incredible sunrise on one coast and drive to the other coast to watch the sunset in the same day.
6. When we missed school growing up, it was for Hurricane Days instead of Snow Days.
7. You can always count on a little entertainment with your news.
8. We somehow survive living in the lightning capital of the U.S. every day.
9. We have some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
10. And some of the most beautiful sunsets, too.
11. You can travel around the world without ever leaving our state. (Just take a trip to EPCOT).
12. We have many fascinating cultural and artistic landmarks you won't find anywhere else.
13. And a pretty incredible history, too.
14. Our state, surrounded by water both inside and out, is a fisherman's dream.
15. We coexist with gators, sharks, snakes, bugs, and all kinds of unique plants and wildlife.
16. If you're looking for an adventure, you will never be disappointed.
7. And if you're looking for something more relaxing and slow-paced, you can always find that, too.
18. Our state has tons of state, city and county parks, with so much to see and do.
19. We have a thriving culinary and craft beer scene, and even our own unique cuisine.
20. When it comes time to retire, we're already exactly where we want to be.
What do you think about this list? What do you love most about living in Florida?