Florida December 12, 2017
10 Reasons Christmas In Florida Is The Absolute Best
Although it’s colder than some of us would like right now, we still have to appreciate how much shorter and warmer our winters are most of the time. We don’t need snow to have the most beautiful, festive Christmas in the country. Christmas in Florida is big, unique and lots of fun. Here are a few more reasons why Christmas here is the absolute best:
1. We have our own unique decorations.
Flamingos, palm trees, seashells, and other beachy and tropical themes are a common sight in Floridian decorations.
2. And our own unique traditions, too.
We create our own snow flurries, build giant Christmas trees out of sand, and In some parts of the state, Santa even arrives by shrimp boat.
3. We aren't limited to just one kind of Christmas tree.
In our opinion, palm trees look pretty awesome covered in lights.
4. Sandmen are just as cute as snowmen.
And you don't have to worry about freezing your fingers off to build them.
5. We can (usually) wear our flip-flops year-round.
It might not feel like it right now, but our winter weather is usually envied around the country.
6. We can drive around and find all of the best lights without worrying about icy roads.
Floridians are no strangers to dangerous driving, but we are lucky not to worry about blizzards or icy driving conditions.
7. And we can actually enjoy walking through the displays in parks and gardens.
Most of our already beautiful gardens and parks will get decked out for the holidays, and it's usually warm enough that we can have awesome outdoor events.
8. It's warm enough that we can put up lots of lights.
We don't usually have snow, but we can create our own magical winter wonderlands with lots of lights.
9. Over-the-top theme park holiday celebrations can be lots of fun.
If you don't mind being around crowds, theme parks have some dazzling lights, decorations, parades, and other events around the holidays.
10. We can spend Christmas at the beach.
Even if you have to bundle up, there's nowhere more magical, even in the wintertime.
What’s your favorite thing about Christmas in Florida? Please let us know in the comments below!