According to the Corcoran Group, the median price of a 1 bedroom apartment in Manhattan is $710,000. We thought it would be fun to see how much more bang for your buck you could get if you used that money for a home in Florida instead. Even though the market is up right now, you can still get some incredible houses for the cost of a tiny 1 bedroom on the Upper East Side.
We’re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life as we all practice social and physical distancing. While we’re continuing to feature destinations that make our state wonderful, we don’t expect or encourage you to go check them out immediately. We believe that supporting local attractions is important now more than ever and we hope our articles inspire your future adventures! And on that note, please nominate your favorite local business that could use some love right now:
Here's an example of a 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment you can buy in Manhattan for $695,000. It has 642 square feet.
343 E 74th St APT 14K,
New York, NY 10021
Now, let's look at a what this $710,000 and under price range can get us in Florida:
1. This 5 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom home with 3,884 square feet for $709,000
You can have space for your grand piano and your incredible closed-in swimming pool.
11620 Kensington Ct,
Boca Raton, FL 33428
2. This 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom home with 3,230 square feet for $709,000
You can have breakfast in a room that's almost completely made of glass, then walk to this view of the beach.
4686 Rigging Dr, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
3. This 1 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo with 1,010 square feet for $707,900
You can live large in downtown Miami with some amazing views, an insanely gorgeous bathroom, and don't forget rooftop swimming pools, with this condo.
801 S Miami Ave # 5108,
Miami, FL 33130
4. This 5 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom home with 3,805 square feet for $705,305
You can't get a kitchen and dining room like this in our price range in Manhattan, in fact, your kitchen will probably be your dining room.
9303 Trinana Cir,
Winter Garden, FL 34787
5. This 4 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom home with 5,118 square feet for $705,000
Did you hear that? Over 5,000 square feet, as opposed to, say, 500. Plus, just look at that backyard.
108 Glencullen Cir,
Jupiter, FL 33458
6. This 6 bedroom, 6.5 bathroom home with 5,980 square feet for $702,000
Forget the backyard, how about a gorgeous home with nearly 80 acres you can call home. And with 6.5 bathrooms, no one will ever have to hold it in again.
2412 NE Sr # 6,
Madison, FL 32340
7. This 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom home with 1,648 square feet for $700.000
This home looks like a beautiful place to raise a family and still enjoy some occasional grown-up time.
407 Perugia Ave,
Coral Gables, FL 33146
8. This 5 bedroom, 4 bathroom home with 3,178 square feet for $699,999
Not only is Niceville a very nice place to live, this lovely home has almost an acre of land with its own gazebo and boardwalk.
909 E Choctawhatchee Dr,
Niceville, FL 32578
9. This 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom home with 2,114 square feet for $699,999
You could never get all this space for this price in NYC.
1608 Sand Key Estates Ct,
Clearwater Beach, FL 33767
10. 6 bedroom, 6 bathroom home with 4,844 square feet for $699,999
This home has everything, including over two acres with a private pond and enough garage space for 19 cars (or tons of space for workshops, game rooms, and your own private gym.)
4104 Foxtail Ct,
Kissimmee, FL 34746
11. This 5 bedroom, 4 bathroom home with 4,323 square feet for $699,990
This elegant home features a dramatic staircase, fireplace and chandelier.
3852 Shoreview Dr,
Kissimmee, FL 34744
12. This 5 bedroom, 4 bathroom home with 5,470 square feet for $699,980
You couldn't even play a game of pool in the tiny apartment you could get in Manhattan, much less get a home with a pool table and a swimming pool.
4782 Oren Brown Rd,
Kissimmee, FL 34746
13. This 3 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom home with 2,900 square feet for $700,000
Here's something you're definitely not going to get for that $700,000 in New York: a walk-in closet.
416 15th Ave NE,
St Petersburg, FL 33704
14. This 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom home with 2,970 square feet for $700,000
Last but not least, a 40-acre ranch, complete with a gorgeous updated historic home, stables and a barn. Wouldn't you love to come home if this was your driveway?
8672 SW Hull Ave,
Arcadia, FL 34269
Do you think the cost difference is justified to live in NYC? Did you have any favorites among these homes? Please share your comments with us below!