Florida August 10, 2016
Every True Floridian Has Had These 14 Bizarre Experiences At Least Once
We think Florida is pretty close to paradise, but living in Florida does have its quirks. Though we never have to worry about shoveling snow or falling through ice, there are a few things we’ve all experienced that most people in the rest of the country would consider strange.
1. You've been caught in a torrential rain in the middle of a sunny day.
Then 15 minutes later it's like nothing ever happened.
2. You've worn flip-flops pretty much everywhere (including church/a wedding/a special event).
And pretty much all year long.
3. You've spent way too long looking for a shady parking spot.
Sometimes you wonder how much of your gas is used just in parking lots.
4. You've been in so many storms you actually wonder how you've never been struck by lightning.
This is the lightning capital of the country, after all.
5. You've missed school or work for hurricane days.
And probably even had a hurricane party.
6. You've taken a heat nap.
A couple of hours outside in August is equal to an entire day outside in the fall.
7. You've dressed up as a pirate on a day other than Halloween.
Every Floridian should experience the annual Gasparilla Pirate Festival in Tampa.
8. You've read some of the weirdest news in the world.
Does Florida make people weird or are weird people just drawn to Florida?
9. In the "winter," you bundle up as soon as temperatures fall below 70.
Although you often have to go back to shorts by the afternoon.
10. You've been burned by your steering wheel (and seat belt) in the summertime.
11. You've put up Christmas decorations in a t-shirt and shorts.
Bonus points for using a palm tree.
12. You've built some non-traditional snowmen, too.
The best snowmen never melt.
13. You've passed five different sub shops to get your sub from a grocery store.
Pub Subs are the best.
14. You've driven through some pretty big puddles.
You know, like ones that cover your whole neighborhood.
Can’t get enough of Florida? Check out the
22 Best Decisions You Can Make In Florida.