The Best Fried Chicken In Florida Is Served At This Iconic Hole-In-The-Wall Restaurant
Do you love hole-in-the-wall restaurants the way we do? There is something so satisfying about having a low-key restaurant where you know for a fact that you’ll get the tastiest food. Sometimes, the smaller places in Florida secretly have the best food, which is often how cult followings develop. Take Dixie Fried Chicken in Belle Glade, Florida, as an example. With a population of fewer than 18,000 residents, you may have never heard of Belle Glade, to begin with. However, anyone who knows a thing or two about mind-blowing chicken knows exactly where this is. Ready for some of the best fried chicken in Florida?
If you want more Florida restaurants, make sure to sign up for our weekly dining newsletter. Every Thursday, a new eatery to try in the Sunshine State will be delivered straight to your email. Yum!
Have you dined at Dixie Fried Chicken in Belle Glade, Florida? Did you think it was the best friend chicken in Florida? Tell us in the comments section! If you want to learn more about this fried chicken and how to chow down, visit the Dixie Fried Chicken Facebook Page.
While fried chicken didn’t make our list, Florida has its fair share of famous foods. Check out our list of the most iconic Florida foods.
Want to make your own fried chicken at home? Check out these deep fryers on the Bed, Bath and Beyond website.
More to Explore
Best Fried Chicken And Restaurants In Florida
Where else can I find the best fried chicken in Florida?
Not everyone lives close to Dixie Fried Chicken in Belle Glade. Florida is a big state, after all. Here are some other establishments where you can pick up some of the best fried chicken in Florida:
- Crown Fried Chicken in Kissimmee, FL may be remote but it’s worth the drive!
- Bud’s Chicken & Seafood has several locations throughout South Florida.
- Fran’s Chicken Haven in Boca Raton, FL has been serving customers since 1964.
- The Chattaway in St. Petersburg, FL has been open since the 1930s and is worth a stop for its fried chicken.
- Maple Street Biscuit Company in St. Augustine, FL offers excellent sandwiches. Try the fried chicken sandwich served on a biscuit!
- Pack Supermarket & Cafeteria in Miami, FL is another place where you can find excellent fried chicken.
What are some of the best mom-and-pop restaurants in Florida?
Don’t you love exploring local, family-owned spots? I sure do! The following are among the best mom-and-pop restaurants in Florida:
- For Amish cuisine, check out Yoder’s Restaurant & Amish Village in Sarasota, FL.
- Anna’s Polish Restaurant in Winter Park, FL serves Polish cuisine.
- Sam’s Subs in Port Charlotte, FL is where you can order hot or cold sandwiches as well as soups.
- El Siboney Restaurant in Key West, FL is where you can find traditional Cuban cuisine.
- Hunt’s Oyster Bar & Seafood in Panama City, FL offers fresh oysters and fried seafood dishes.
- Andy’s Igloo Drive-In Restaurant in Winter Haven, FL has been open since the 1950s and serves up some tasty American fare.
What are some of your favorite local restaurants?