The 35-Acre Flea Market In Florida Has Been Here For Over 50 Years
There’s certainly nothing better than visiting a gargantuan flea market steeped in local history. Because truly, you never know what you might find. While antique stores and thrift shops also offer the opportunity to find hidden gems, there’s nothing quite like the experience of meandering through a flea market. One of the best flea markets in Florida is located in Webster and it’s been around for 50 years. Even after all that time, this place continues to get better and better each and every year. Shop your little heart out in this open-air market and see just what vintage finds and timeless treasures you will come across.
Have you visited Webster’s Westside Market? If you have any tips to make the most of a trip, let us know in the comments! And, if you’ve ever found a fantastic treasure we’d love to hear what it was.
Webster’s Westside Market in Webster is open on specific days, so be sure to check their website for current operating hours. You can also follow them on Facebook. The flea market can be reached at 352-793-9877.
While you’re in Webster, consider checking out one of the most historic general stores in Florida. It’s right nearby!
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Best Shopping in Florida
Are there any classic general stores in Florida?
There are some great classic general stores in Florida. These are some of the most popular:
- Richloam General Store, Webster. This small general store in Sumter County is one of the most historic in the state.
- The Seminole Heights General Store, Tampa. Not only is this general store quaint, but it also offers one of the best sandwiches in all of Florida.
- Eola General Store, Lake Eola Heights. While this general store was built back in 1937, the current owners have made sure the extensive food menu has been curated to match modern times.
- Consider Scallop Cove General Store, Cape San Blas. This shop has everything you might need for a day in the sun, including pizza and the ability to rent a pontoon boat.
Where can I shop for used books in Florida?
You can shop for used books in Florida at a variety of different stores. Try visiting some of these:
- Haslam’s Book Store, St. Petersburg. This beloved local shop stocks over 300,000 new and used books.
- Sandman Books, Punta Gorda. This store is the largest independent bookshop in Southwest Florida. And, they have a truly unique wall made entirely of books.
- Sundog Books, Seaside. Considered one of the best bookstores in Florida, this shop has an extensive collection to browse.