Delaware November 10, 2016
These 12 Unique Houses In Delaware Will Make You Look Twice And Want To Go In
Delaware is an old state, and it’s full of historic homes and houses. One of my favorite pastimes is driving through the state’s small towns and finding unique houses that dot the landscape. I think everybody has a favorite charming, quaint house in the state, and mine’s on this list. Can you guess which one it is?
1. This "Witch's House" in Dover is rumored to be haunted.
But really, locals think that it's just a unique part of the Dover landscape.
2. Williamsville is where you can spot this home in Delaware.
The age of our state means seeing abandoned property is not all that uncommon.
3. Delaware City has a few cool houses, too, like this one.
I love the color scheme. Because Delaware City is so old, these historic houses are dotted throughout the town.
4. The John Dickinson Mansion in Kent county is a historic home in Delaware.
The home of founding father John Dickinson is now a museum.
5. Odessa, Delaware is full of unique colonial houses.
Walk through the historic downtown district and feel like you're stepping into the past.
6. Here's another great Odessa residence.
Can you feel the history on the streets of the town formerly known as Cantwell's Bridge?
7. There's something about abandoned houses that temp the urban explorer...
Would you ever sneak into a house like this one in Slower Lower?
8. The famous Eclectic House has been constantly undergoing change.
The owners love to expand the building, and each addition is unique.
9. Historic New Castle itself is full of colonial houses!
It's fun to walk around the old downtown area any time of year and imagine what life was like way back when.
10. No list of homes in Delaware would be complete without a mention of the Cannonball House in Lewes.
This landmark house survived the War of 1812, and there's still a cannonball lodged in the side today.
11. Felton has a lot of unique residences, too!
I always like to look at this adorable pink house when I drive through.
12. The dune houses in Rehoboth Beach have always looked haunted to me.
Maybe I'm just jealous of the sick view of the beach, though.
If you’d like to combine your love of house-spotting with some great Delaware food, try our
Delaware Foodie Road Trip – it’ll take you through many of these towns on your way to culinary heaven.