Delaware May 19, 2018
9 Privileges Delawareans Have That The Rest Of The U.S. Doesn’t
Delaware might be one of the most underrated states in the country, and oftentimes out-of-staters have no idea what wonders we’re hiding in the First State. There are a few Delaware Privileges that we might take for granted after getting used to them – but the rest of the country doesn’t have it as good as we do.
1. We're Always Close To Beautiful Beaches
No matter where you are in Delaware, you can head to the beach on a whim. If you like rowdy towns like Dewey or quiet towns like Fenwick Island, there's something here for each of us to enjoy.
2. We've Got Access To Incredible Estates
K. Magaraci for Only In Your State
3. The Most Delicious Crabcakes In The World Are Right Here
You might think that Maryland has notable crabcakes, but the best ones in the world can be found at
Woody's in Dewey Beach
4. We Can Paddle The Best Water Trails Around
From Prime Hook to Blackbird Creek, it's easy to find an incredible water trail here, and that's one Delaware privilege that we don't take advantage of nearly enough.
5. Every Delawarean Has Their Favorite Secret Beach
We might not tell you where it is, but we've got our favorite spot to lay out the towels and escape from the crowds.
6. We Can Eat Scrapple Any Time
With eggs, in a bloody mary, on a sandwich... we can eat scrapple any time of day and on as any sort of meal.
7. Theres Nothing Like Delaware Bay Oysters
Delaware Bay oysters are famous throughout the world for their flavor, and we are lucky enough to have the privilege of eating them straight out of the bay.
8. We Know How To Make A Great Brew
9. We Can Stroll The Most Incredible Boardwalk
Rehoboth Beach's boardwalk has everything you could possibly want - Funland, Thrashers, Gus & Gus and Dolles - all in one spot.
What’s your favorite part of living in Delaware? Tell us in the comments!