If You Only Take One Hike In Delaware This Year, Make It An Unforgettable Adventure
Many people don’t realize that Delaware is home to some amazing hiking trails. You don’t have to head up to the Poconos or into Maryland to find fun, rocky trails that make for perfect day hikes. If you’re looking for a truly beautiful one offering spectacular views, be sure to check out the Alapocas Woods Trail at Alapocas Run State Park. It is definitely some of the best hiking in Delaware!
Alapocas Run State Park is located at 1914 W Park Dr, Wilmington, DE, 19803. You can learn more by going to the official park website.
Have you ever hiked the Alapocas Woods Trail? If so, what was your favorite part? Would you agree that it offers some of the best hiking in Delaware? We’d love to read about your experience in the comments section below!
For more amazing Delaware hikes, read 9 Amazing Delaware Hikes Under 3 Miles You’ll Absolutely Love.
If you’re still in the mood for more adventures in the First State, take a look at this video:
More to Explore
So much to love about Delaware
Where can we find other hiking trails in Delaware?
- The Junction Breakwater Trail running from Lewes to Rehoboth is a hiking and biking trail that stretches along the old Penn Central Railroad line.
- The Northern Delaware Greenway in Wilmington is 10 miles long and connects a variety of Delaware State Parks.
- The Michael Castle Trail connects Delaware City and Chesapeake City as it runs alongside the C&D Canal.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other picturesque hiking trails in Delaware.
Where can we find Airbnbs in Delaware?
- The Luxury at the Beach Airbnb in Rehoboth Beach features five bedrooms and three bathrooms and is within walking distance from the beach and boardwalk.
- The Balmy Waves Sur Mer Atlantic Watergate Oceanfront in Bethany Beach is just steps away from a private beach and two of the four bedrooms have private decks overlooking the water.
- The Retreat Barn Airbnb in Greenwood is located in a rural setting and has a pool and private hot tub.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other inviting Airbnbs in Delaware.
Where can we find beaches in Delaware?
- Slaughter Beach is a popular place for beachcombing, especially for horseshoe crabs.
- Broadkill Beach sits rights along Delaware Bay and is a great place for swimming, stand-up paddleboard, kayaking, and fishing.
- Prime Hook Beach is a hidden beach within the Prime Hook National Wildlife Refuge and is home to scores of migratory birds.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other beautiful beaches in Delaware.