D.C. November 28, 2016
14 Reasons Why Washington DC Is The Most Underrated City In The US
Many people overlook Washington DC. It doesn’t have the international appeal of New York or the warmth of Miami or the music of Austin or Nashville. Some people think DC is, well, kind of boring and stuffy. But Washington DC is actually one of the most incredible places to live in and visit. Here are 14 reasons Washington DC is the most underrated in the country.
1. Even though we are a city, we have plenty of green space. In fact 1/5th of Washington DC is parkland.
2. We are conveniently located to amazing beaches, lakes, and fabulous weekend destinations.
3. Our public transportation system is on point. The Metro covers 118 miles and the Metrobus has over 11,000 bus stops.
4. We get all four seasons and they are all beautiful.
5. Some of the most important moments in our country’s history occurred here.
6. We know how to enjoy ourselves, more wine is consumed in Washington DC than anywhere else in the country.
7. DC is a really clean city.
8. From museums, sports teams, outdoor activities, plenty of bars and restaurants and theaters, we really do have something for everyone to enjoy in DC.
9. We invented go-go music.
10. We’re home to two of the most popular museums in the world. Both the Air and Space Museum and National Museum of Natural History had almost 7 million visitors in 2015.
11. We have the only Leonardo da Vinci painting in the country.
12. We have the world's largest library. There are more than 16 million books in the Library of Congress.
13. Washington DC has starred in quite a few movies including Captain America: Winter Solider, Independence Day, National Treasure, Person of Interest, Enemy of the State and The Exorcist, to name a few. That doesn’t even include the movies and TV shows that are set here but are not filmed here.
14. DC was ranked one of the most environmentally friendly cities in the country.
Washington DC really is one of the most amazing cities in the world and
everyone should live here.